Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all

In the last couple of weeks my Bluetooth on the radioo has been very sporadic in when it wants to connect. ive tried deleting it and re entering it and turning my phone of and one etc. Its an iphone 5S. It has been fine for a while but now its getting on my nerves. Are there any known probs or has anyone else had this?

When it happends, the bluetooth icon in the menu cant be accessed either as its blacked out. Very odd.

Any ideas please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, are you still having that problem with your DS4? I'm having exactly the same issue with mine, I've only had it a month and it's driving me mad! It's been back to the dealer 3 times and they haven't got a clue. The problem even happened to the tech's phone but because I said I have an iPhone they just fixate on that fact and place the blame there.

Would really like to get this sorted. Am very happy with the car otherwise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi both, not sure if you've managed to deal with this issue.I've had the same problem in the past. For me however, using a Samsung Galaxy S3 - i've found that if i get in my DS4 with the bluetooth already switched on my phone and begin my journey, the stereo sync's however disconnects after a few minutes.
I've found that if i get in the vehicle, activate bluetooth and then hit 'connect' in the auto pop up on my phone the stereo does not cut off. A little tedious but a few seconds is much more hassle-free than having the bluetooth disconnecting mid-track.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well almost a year on, 6 garage visits, 3 software updates and 1 replacement media system and months of utter frustration at not being able to make or receive phone calls and stream music in the car and I am still no closer to having this work.

I have tried various phones now, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6 Edge and they all either won't connect at all, connect and then drop out or connect and when anything happens the car ignores it but stays connected!

Even tried using USB / lightning cables just to be able to listen to audio books on my daily 2 hour commute and that is just as hit and miss. Plug the cable in and the car always starts playing the first song in my music library regardless as to what was playing before. Everything is fine for a while until the phone rings and then the car loses connection to the phone and I can't select that device again.

Can't say that I am impressed with this and just glad I only took the car on a 2 year lease. Am looking forward to giving it back now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My advice would be to connect the headphone jack to the aux input and control playback of your audiobooks from the phone itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply DoomWolf. I did try that a while back, problem I found was that audio output volume was just too low to be able to hear properly. I had the car volume up at around 25 and the phone volume as high as it would go but couldn't hear it properly (did the same with an iPod and the Nexus 5 phone plus tried a few audio cables).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm surprised at that. I use an iPod Touch (4th gen) in the aux socket sometimes and I find I have to set the iPod's volume to full (not so fun when I forget to lower it before next using headphones
), but then it's fine with the car volume set to around 10.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I noticed this aswell when i bought mine a few weeks ago, thinking it may be the raido, i had a bluetooth AUX adapter lying around (as you do) and tried that. Switching the raido to the aux channel and sync with the other bluetooth device instead via the aux port, seemed to work fine you tend to miss all the control feature then though on the dash.

So i removed it again and tried syncing in with the cars bluetooth, seemed fine on the drive, byut out and about im finding it cutting in an out now and then. So back on the drive i synced it all up again and left it play for a while with no cuts, then brought the wifes phone out and a laptop and turned on bluetooth discovery.....radio cuts out!

So looks like it maybe the radio running a scan and getting discovered by other devices as your driving causing it to cut out!?!? Maybe! I'm not a bluetooth expert but it's a bit strange that it only cuts out when other devices are in range.

Maybe a future update in software will remedy this, i dunno, but i've mentioned it to my local dealer, what they do with that information is another matter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a Note 2. I use an app called Tasker and a plugin called Secure Settings. When my bluetooth disconnects it forces a reconnect. Its happens mostly without me noticing it. I think its a bug with the radio but Citroën won't do jack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my D S4 for 3 weeks and couldnt connect my samsung s6 to the blue tooth. Found the Car Music Connector app and it now works beautifully

1 - 10 of 10 Posts