Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Paired my Samsung galaxy to the car last night and although the media playback is OK, it has a fuzzy quality to it that suggests there's a streaming loss or similar. Also on calls, my speech is fine for the recipient but their speech on my speakers is awful.

Anyone got any ideas on improving the pairing to make it worthwhile using it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a galaxy s4 and although it pairs when i try to make a call as soon as its answered the call drops , same wen receiving. Took it back to dealer yesterday and they said its the base-band version that os not matching, so contacted Samsung and they are ringing me back today. They say that my base-band version doesn't show on there system. Grrr

·
Registered
20 Posts
good evening all, i also have just got a s4 and paired up fine but when making calls as soon as the other person picks up the phone hangs up, i also went to the local dealer as it was booked in with them for a number off other issues and they had the car for 2 days, and contact technical support to find out that they are aware of the situation and no fix for this meaning i have car with a Bluetooth prep but with no use to me, i had a blackberry torch phone before and had issue's with this as well. like hitting my head against a brick wall no software update available, i did get told it may be a software update on my phone but thats is complete rubbish as my phone is only a week old and my car is nearly 4 months old.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kazman thats what I got with the S4 say answers as well, now changed back to an S3 but still not right. Contacted Citroen HQ and they have now passed a complaint onto Citroen UK. I await the reply not with much hope though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have no problem with my s4
paired straight away and has worked great for the last 3 weeks
not streamed music that's just on phone calls
phone book works well also

·
Registered
12 Posts
My s3 sounds fine too. Will be getting new phone next month so hope it won't suffer from this problem, I won't be getting the s4 though, think I'm going for the Xperia z ultra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have similar issues with Bluetooth in my car.
The phone seems to work great (tried with windows phone, iphone 4s and iphone 5).
But the music over Bluetooth is bad and close to being not usable. I have tried to play a bit with quality of song but that had no difference.
Also there were posts about removing then adding the Bluetooth device from scratch, but that has not helped either.
Its hard to explain but though im able to hear the music, the sound quality drops and the sound gets distorted and scratchy.

If anyone knows how to fix that or had any feedback on this issue, feel free to post here.

For now im using Bluetooth for phone and playing music using the iphone USB cable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had this issue since day one, spoke to the dealer many times and basically been fobbed off as told its my phone (iPhone 5) even though I know it's not, as have the problem exists on many devices. Have given up expecting it to be fixed as dealer doesn't seem interested tbh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had a call from my dealer on Friday to say he has heard Citroen has a fix for the Bluetooth and will inform me when it's available.... I'm hoping its not just a rumour !!! I'm getting a bit fed up having to turn off my Bluetooth and use the phones speaker to go hands free

·
Registered
46 Posts
My dealer told me on Thursday and Citroen UK have also told me that the fix will NOT be sorted till new year. So much so that after quite a bit of complaining about the issue they have now fitted me a separate Bluetooth system that also streams music as well. Happy chappie now

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just talked to my Citroen dealer and found out that the software/firmware that i had, was not compatible with iPhone 4s/Lumia.

I have currently v 3.8 and i need to get upgraded to 3.9. He said that i should fix the issue, though even 3.9 does have the bug where the battery level isn't displayed correctly.

To check your version on the radio you do:

turn radio off
hold 2 4 6 down at the same time
turn radio On
some numbers should be shown instead of the name of the radio station.
Now you push "sourse" several times until the version of your car software is shown.

Then just compare the version to the device you use, using:
http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/technology/bluetooth-compatibility/

Using this, i was able to see that even though 3.8 does support iPhone4S, i didn't support Phone version 6.13.

Now with soonish release of iPhone version 7.0 im almost sure you will again need to go to your dealwer and get a new bluetooth upgrade.

Please post here if you found this helpful or useful in any way or if you STILL experience this issue even though your car software matches/supports your phone software.

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi i got my ds4 yesterday and paired up my samsung phone and it seems to work fine but only had a couple of calls from the wife so i will see in a couple of weeks if it good

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have just checked using above and I have 3.8. Has anyone had theirs updated to 3.9 and seen an actual improvement (especially in music streaming quality!!)?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have my S3 pluged into the USB slot & set to mass storage on the phone, the sound quality is fantastic,song titles showing on the display&all steering wheel controls work & it charges the phone too

·
Registered
60 Posts
Balders - this is regarding bluetooth streaming...I have to use cable as well but i would rather have the option of using bluetooth. Mainly because i use an iPad mini in my car as nav and have all my music on there, the usb port doesn't provide enough juice to charge the ipad...but either way, should be able to use my bloody phone with music via bluetooth like i was sold as a feature! :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts