Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my long running saga with my bluetooth hands free not working properly on my DS4 dstyle is for the time being at last going to be sorted on Thursday. After complaining to firstly my dealer then to Citroen HQ they are having a separate Bluetooth handsfree system fitted in my car completely free of charge. it shows that if you complain enough about your new car no being as the specification states eventually they sort it. They have told me a software issue is causing the issues but they will not have a fix till possibly early next year. well done Citroen, for now anyway. P.S. i do love the car

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DS4Pete. I made a random comment on Citroens twitter page regarding the problem and i suppose it snowballed from there. First they asked me for all the details, like where i got the car from, name of a second Citroen dealership I had taken it to, my email address and a contact number.Citroen then contacted me a few weeks later asking a couple more questions then a customer service lady rang me very apologetic and offered the separate hands free kit be fitted free of charge.
Not long after that, an hour or so the dealer rang me to book it in. Job done. Hope this helps Stewart.
P.S. you relly need to lay it on though the fact you have to stop the cat to make and receive calls etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tweeted Citroen yesterday to ask if there's any update on when a fix will be available. They asked me for my contact details and then gave me a ring and told me that apparently there is a fix that has been sent to the dealers. I'm not sure whether to believe them given what's already been said about not being fixed until next year.

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi had bluetooth update done yesterday took over a hour seems to be ok and better will let all know in a few days

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had mine at dealers today for god knows how many times, they told me they have only just received the update softwear,they inserted a memory stick to download and at long last it worked,bluetooth now working great,so if any dealers tell you it's you there's no update till early next year or it's your phone that's the problem,
then they are wrong,it's available now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yes bluetooth great working good had it update over 2 weeks ago

as Glen says update is out there dont let dealer say different

·
Registered
227 Posts
I took my car in for a service on Monday and advised them of poor BT reception and they said they would order in the updates and two CDs have arrived to be applied to my car next time I take it in. I'll try and remember to get the update number for the updates (one of them may be to add/enable the 'risk' mapping for speed cameras as I asked them to sort out why I could not select that option in the menu)

·
Registered
227 Posts
deresim said:
Hoovie

I will be surprised if it is the risk speed camera update, you have to purchase this from navteq web site not from citroen direct about £7.00 per monthly update

http://citroen.navigation.com/DS4_2012/citroen-eu/catalog/en_GB/GBP/

This has the speed cameras and the map updates on it
Nope, not the speed camera update, but to use that feature, you need to enable the risk area setting according to the PDF, and I cannot enable that ... so asked the garage about that and they said a CD was being ordered ... (Will find put next week if that sorts it or not?)

·
Registered
227 Posts
deresim said:
Sorry misunderstood
np. I wasn't quite dear initially

Have you got the speed camera data on yours? I was wary about buying it without having the risk mapping enabled first, but also was not sure if by installing the database it gets enabled automatically? Catch-22!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have and only update about twice per year, this did enable the risk mapping on mine although i never tried it before i bought the speed cameras so dont know if it would have worked before the cameras were installed or not. I bought the cameras within days of buying the car

·
Registered
26 Posts
can anyone give me the dealer details who are carrying out the Bluetooth update so I can refer this when I re contact my dealer..Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts