Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I've just joined after reading many of the postings - an interesting collection of opinions and experiences. I would like call on your collective experience (if I may) to ask if I've missed something regarding the bluetooth tools in my DS4. I bought it last week (9 months old - 62 plate), 2.0 HDi Sport in Shark Grey. I read all the online reviews before buying and decided that perhaps to buy 'nearly new' rather than 'brand new' was perhaps a more financially astute path to ownership. Anyway, I love it to bits with one exception - the Bluetooth hands-free phone tools appear to be very limited in comparison to those of the Blue&Me functionality available in my Fiat Bravo Sport which I've had for 5 years. My question to you, the membership is, am I missing something? All I have to do with Blue&Me is press a button on the steering wheel and everything thereafter is voice-activated. With the Citroen DS4 Bluetooth implementation (the version without Sat-Nav), it appears I have to press a button, then scroll through a menu (Dial or Directory), from where I find desired recipient, and then call, all while driving - not ideal. Is there a a voice-activation control (to make a call) or have I got it right, that the menu sequence as described is accurate? Blue&Me dates from 2007, the DS4 dates from 2011. I hope I'm wrong but would like to know if someone can enlighten me. Thank you and safe driving to all.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The audio system is a bit of a curates egg in the DS4 I reckon.

I totally love the way the info appears in front of me in the middle of the speedo, but the lack of voice control, post code entry and data entry (no touch screen!!) is really pretty unacceptable nowadays.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, guys, for taking time to enlighten me. Much appreciatedI'm somewhere between disappointed and incredulous that a vehicle design, marketed in 2011, has such a poor Bluetooth design. I love the driving experience of my DS4, desite some questionable reviews (that I completely disagree with)but I hope Citroen's relevant internalstakeholders read this stuff because, from a useability perspective and perhaps more importantly, a safety perspective, for me, thiswould influence a future Citroen purchase.
All the best and thanks again,
George

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys,

I also have a DS4 with E-Myway, and I still don't want to believe that the bluetooth system hasn't got voice activation feature... it doesn't make any sense at all... how can you safely call someone in the car while driving if you have 1000 contacts in you contacts list?
Citroen just WAKE UP... this isn't an "another world" feature...

I still have a small hope that Citroen may fix this with a bluetooth update....

Regards,
Bruno

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Bruno,
welcome to my Bluetooth world!
I'm 2 months into my DS4 ownership and have learned to accept the Bluetooth tools for what they are but I agree with your comment about waking the Citroen decision makers up.

I guess time will tell.
Good luck and happy motoring
George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts