Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks a bit photo shopped to me, it would be good to have access to more styling, modding stuff though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
sad to say it is p'shopped - was a student project - started life as a C4 not DS4 and had bits added to come up with what they envisioned the DS should have been, hence the extra door handles.Still I like it and wish parts like this were available

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't like it! The DS4 doesn't need a kit on, they look good as they are don't you think? X

·
Registered
395 Posts
Did anybody see article in last weeks AutoExpress.

It would appear my assumptions were correct, hemorrhaging money and French Govt influence..

The PSA group is now going to take the Ds range further upmarket, and leave standard C range as an E range to compete with Skoda, but not Dacia.
Peugeot will tackle mid range VW cars such as Golf.

Not sure how that will pan out long term.......

·
Registered
551 Posts
Bold move RichI don't think a DS badge can compete with the badge cache/snobery
of the German 3

·
Registered
395 Posts
Agreed Chud,And if they are to stand any chance of doing so - they will need to up the quality (not perceived quality) and aftersales a lot - and that takes time, which they hav'nt got!

I have also heard that Kia/Hyundia are also sniffing at the door - only way they can increase their sales volume to break into top ten - a strategic goal of theirs.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Seems there has to be major restructuring at PSA as they are loosing sales in France to Toyota according to auromotivenews.com.
Like you I cant see the DS range competing with the German manufacturers, although Merc was having build quality issues and the local MB dealer here has a bad customer service reputation.
Would though be a sad day to see Citroen disappear

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev
Is that Merc dealer Drayton by any chance? I was fancying a MercCLA myself . I hope Citroen doesn't go under maybe Kia is a better option but how will they cope with the French unions?

·
Registered
578 Posts
SBK yup Drayton. The CLA is very smart; I've looked at the new A class but service pricing is crazy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev G said:
SBK yup Drayton. The CLA is very smart; I've looked at the new A class but service pricing is crazy
Yeah I know .
Looked at Mercs and Audi's when I was after my DS and I couldn't help but feel they were trying to rip me off with high prices and low spec .I will stick with Citroen if they survive

·
Registered
395 Posts
It has to be said that some cars including the DS4 are starting to look homoginised like new houses (square blocks with little character).The new Astra, Merc A class, Hyundia i30/Kia all look similar from a distance now, its only up close they show their heritage. The times on the motorway recently I thought I have seen a 4 and when up close its completely not! but that just maybe my dementia setting in being one of the crustier drivers!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts