DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi had the ds4 for a couple of weeks now and purchased with bubbling paint on the bonnet, was just wondering as its aluminium is it worth replacing the bonnet or just filling fixing respray. Seems to be quite common as every second hand bonnet on ebay etc has the same issue. Any advice greatly received. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah pretty unlikely to find a good 2nd hand bonnet on Fleabay.
Good panel shop should do an easy fix like that.
Make sure the underside cut outs get tapped when the bonnets fixed or the bubbling will happen again.

·
Super Moderator
912 Posts
There was recall out on the bonnet catch, could get it done for free if it's needing done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bonnet fix

may be worth getting in touch with citroen uk i have a 12 plate and eventually had the bonnet replaced under warranty as there was a manufacturing fault with the painting process it took a while and a lot of photos but be nice in your e.mails and you may get somewhere

·
Registered
77 Posts
We had 'rust bubbling' on the bonnet of our 2015 DS Sport, so I got back in touch with our dealer, no problem. It was a known fact that a batch of bonnets had contamination issues which resulted in the 'rusting' which he had amusement at me in thinking that, its not a steel bonnet so no rust lol.

Anyway they had the car back, and it was all under warrentee. As they know it is an issue, the dealer should deal with it under warentee/good will.

DSport 160

1 - 5 of 5 Posts