Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning
Not sure If I am just being a bit dim witted when closing the boot, but does anyone else find that sometimes the boot doesn't seem to close properly asnd appears to not fully latch.

Perhaps I am not doing it properly, but every other time i close the boot, it seems as if it does not latch properly, and appears to not close. Easily sorted by just opening the boot and then closing it a bit firmer.

Before popping into the dealer (you just know it will work properly if I do) to check I just wanted to see if perhaps this is common and I am just having a "blonde" moment

Thanks as always.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Saeagle,

Never had a problem with boot latch myself, although I do think it sounds tinny compared to solid clunk of doors etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Rich.Cath.
I'm sure it is just me being a bit precious. But the dealership is only over the road, so I will pop it in either this week or next just to check. Have to go get some touch up paint anyways, so can ask them to look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is the same. It doesn't always close. I have found that the catch stays in the middle and I have to push it to the left before attempting to close the boot. It doesn't always happen. The catch movement seems a bit sticky.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad that it is not only mine. I will ask them to have a look when I pop in to get the paint. Have you asked the dealer to check yours?

·
Registered
470 Posts
It takes strength to close the hatch properly. Same for doors in comparison with other cars. When you push normally (that is as in other cars) they usually don't latch. You have to bang them as if the car was 30 years old.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers DShark.
It seems to be luck as to when it latches and when it doesn't. Will defo take your approach into account. Won't be able to shout at people for slamming their doors mind

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sounds like you have a problem, and if in warrantee I would get it checked out, as over time this is only likely to get worse not better as parts wear.
I must be lucky with the hinges as they all seem to work, although my electronics leave a lot to be desired!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had my DS4 for 4 weeks now and I have the same issue. Boot seems to bounce back open, still trying to decide if its a case of too little or too much force. But now it seems others have a similar issue will go back to dealer.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just wonder its not to do with the keyfob is it? with the boot release button getting accidently pressed and therefore locking boot open?
It just seems if it is bouncing back up then the lock has already closed before you shut it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine doesnt neccessarily bounce open completley, it just doesnt seem to latch properly. So you can feel that it is wobbly and not 100% on the latch. Simply opening it up and then re closing it seems to work properly.
I have phoned the dealer andam taking it in on Friday for someone to have a look. Should we put a bet on that it works properly everytime.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Could it be you are shutting it with your hand on the handle and your fingers are catching the switch when it slams down .

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I say bounce its like there's something in the boot that is preventing it close fully. The latch doesn't catch it completely but just enough that you have to press the button on underside of boot to reopen it. I use the internal handle on boot lid to close my boot, always have on any car, saves dirty hands!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I got mine on Thursday, there was no issue with it. So it may that something has just moved over the last couple of days.
SBK; That was my initial thoughts, that I was holding the handle when i was closing it, so I have tried keeping my hand in different positions. As I say it is not everytime, and tends to be more when the boot has been fully open, rather than just a bit.

Hopefully, if there is an issue with it, the dealer will pick it up on Friday and can get it resolved.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi- my boot works perfectly.

Could it be some loose rubber linings in the way or perhaps the boot hinges are misaligned?
Should be able to resolve it under warranty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had this once or twice but only when very cold, the seal does not compress so easily in cold conditions, should be warming up soon!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As luck would have it, this morning it seemed to work ok.Not sure whether I did it a different way, or just felt like working this morning.
Gotta go out in a bit, so will see if it is working then.

Thankfully it is April so the warm weather should be here....wait is that snow I see outside

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm so happy it is not only me that has this issue. If I close it by "pushing and letting go", it does not close right, however, if I hold the lid whilst i close it, and don't do it too hard, it closes first time.

I'm used to just giivng the lid a big push and letting go for a boot to close. This one won't play ball though :) Will just get used to it, LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Iwelford, it sounds as though our issues are very similar. It was back tonot working properly this afternoon.
I will let you all know how I get on at the dealer (after it works perfectly for them).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts