Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if you all thought that the DS4 boot would be big enough for a family of 4 to go on holiday to France for a week? Looking at taking 2 big suitcases, pushchair, a baby chair etc

Read lots of facts, stats and figures but just wanted opinions from owners.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Steve, I really don't think you will get that in.....its not a bad size boot, but your cases yes but buggies and things, there's only two of us and we still have stuff on the back seat,....sorry
Ian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply - no problem, just means I need to look into getting a roof box.

(or we could leave the kids at home
)

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
citroenwrc said:
Hi Steve, I really don't think you will get that in.....its not a bad size boot, but your cases yes but buggies and things, there's only two of us and we still have stuff on the back seat,....sorry
Ian
Totally agree...we have the same situation.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What option did you go with in the end, roof box or ditch the kids?

We went camping in our 1989 Austin Mini and got it all in. Well when I say all in we did use a roof box. Might look at getting a box for the DS4 too.

I am really happy with the boot capacity as it fits my clubs in nicely, although if I need 2 sets in I have to adapt as the Denon Subwoofer gets in the bloody way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anybody bought a roof box?I'm very interested in buying one but I can't find pictures on the web and the dealer (in Holland) has no example to show me.
The only picture I have is from the accessories magazine from Citroën. Just one and it is a terrible one.
So, please tell me your experience and please post some pic's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just collected my ds4 today and will soon be heading over to France with family of 4.
I'm thinking of this box which at £240 with correct bar connectors seems quite reasonable.

Roofbox

For those with boxes, is there any wind noise due to the way the brackets connect to the roof/doorway?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All

I ended up buying a handirack and associated HandiHoldall (google for details).

I have to say they are fantastic, I tried a friends roof box first and the wind noise was a little too much to take but as the rack and holdall is fabric, there is hardly any on this.

Very clevor idea and very cheap compared to roof bars & boxes- can also be moved from vehicle to vehicle so negates the need for separate roof bars for each car.

All in all very happy and made the journey down to Southern France and back no problems.

Steve

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looks like a good idea but I would be worried about it marking the paintHow did yours fair?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree, great idea. Dismissed the thought of a lightweight 'box' but this has got me thinking.

I'm thinking about putting a full size suitcase in the holdall, if it would fit?

Security is another issue as I'll be stopping for a few hours in Lille. Can you get a padlock (or similar) on the zip/s?

I can check this with a bit of string but I'm 6' tall and I'm wondering if the straps will be in the way??

Other than that, I might have to get one on order.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chud786 - no marking the paint at all - you just need to attach the straps before pumping up and make sure the car is clean so there is no dirt between the straps and car.

Aldo 321 - The suitcase wuold fit no problem I would have thought, I bought two of the HandiDuffells that fit snuggly inside the holdall and they held 30kg of clothes EACH!

Re security - you can padlock the holdall and the duffells as well but if a thief is that desparate they could just cut the fabric I suppose? When I stopped I took the duffells out of the holdall and locked them in the passenger seat and back seat of the car.

Re the straps - I am also 6 ft tall but most of that is leg - depends on how high you have the seat. I had mine all the way up and did have to knock it down 2 notches to get to fit but being sad as I am I counted another 7 notches worth of gas before hitting the floor so was left with plenty of room if required.

·
Registered
20 Posts
After seeing this I bought a Handirack too, perfect for my wants. I live in a flat so storage space is an issue. I just wanted to occasionally be able to move long, big or awkward items. I found a discount code somewhere and bought the Handirack for £49.95 incl. free next day delivery.
I really like the fact that I can lend it to other family members and that I can store it under the boot carpet. No delivery charge for a new bath and no bulk rubbish removal charge for a mattress :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes!
That is why my fuel consumption went up by 12% this week.
(see other topic)

·
Registered
56 Posts
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />HI 064Harry,

Lookin good<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

</v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas>

<o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
</o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shape>

</v:></v:shape> Hope you have/had a great holiday. I remember 4
of us going on holiday to France in a Dyane we each were allowed one tiny
suitcase, 4 of which nearly filled the boot! It really made you think about
what you needed,,,,,after all in holiday photos youalways end up wearing the same clothes!

</v:></v:shape> A great holiday....but boy did we need all
those 602ccs, I'm sure the last 2 ccs got us up a big hill without pushing!

</v:></v:shape>No problem there with the DS4!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts