Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I've had my DS4 for over 3 years and it is now out of warranty and the boot has started staying shut. Sometimes it opens, most times it does not, no matter what I do. Now all of a sudden it started popping open when I unlock the central locking.

Anyone have any idea what it could be please? could it be an easy fix?

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
Argggh Citroen tailgate electrics !!!

I had a Xantia estate and the tailgate locking mech was the proverbial Pain in the ....
What I did was to remove the interior panelwork, and armed with motorcycle chain lube spray (not WD40 or similar) I would routinely lubricate all of the linkages and lock hardware.

Mindful that it was a W Reg car this option was arrived at after many different lubricants were tried, including some that are not publically available. I have not had the paneling off of a 4 yet (we have had ours barely 3 weeks) so I cannot say with certainty, but it would be a good starting point.

Please let us know how you get on.

DSport 160

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
angheaa said:
I have the same issue on my ds4, did you fix yours? id yes then how?

it isn't much help, sorry.. but I ended up trading it in for a DS5 at the dealer.. they said they would sort it out. Maybe see how much a friendly dealer will charge you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your answer, mine started last week to have a mind of it's own with the boot lock, I'm afraid when going to the dealer it will work fine, I haven't figured out a pattern for it yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
This sounds similar to the problems the old C4 used to have ie1 The micro switch isn't operating properly, the cure was to take the operating lever clean up and make sure it can click the microswitch and then return to its resting position, I had to insert a small piece of foam to ensure it returned.
2 When the car is getting a bit older usually, the wires break at the point they leave the tailgate and enter the bodyshell. The cure for this is to replace the loom at this point or to cut out the wires and replace with new lengths where the constant bending has caused them to break. Any DIYers doing this beware - all the wires are grey so will be difficult to correctly connect the right wires if they are already broken - and ask me how I know this one ! Oh - I had to do this twice during the time I had the old C4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts