Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a low mileage 2011 black DS4 THP 200 Sport for sale last week advertised on ebay by a dealer and based on the photos and info given by the dealer I paid a deposit over the phone and said I would be over to collect it later that week (the dealer is about 70 miles away from me). A day later the dealer called me to say that they had found a problem with the car as the fan would stay on and they'd have to give it to the local Citroen dealer to fault find.

Here we are 10 days later and despite the Citroen dealer having the car for 3 days now I've been told they still haven't had time to look at it and the earliest they can is Monday. Having read through this forum about cooling issues I can see it's a common problem and even when the Citroen dealer does find the problem it could take a while for them to get the parts to fix it.

The car is a top spec with watch strap Habana leather seats and eMyWay, so not an easy spec to find on a used DS4. But I am wondering whether I may be buying a load of hassle and with the dealer being so far away it's a long way to go with a problem.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I can understand the frustration as you want the car now but once Citroën have sorted it you can drive away with confidence. I would have gone for a 1.6THP the first time had there been any on the market, worth waiting for

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've now taken delivery of it and as you say, Frank, it was worth the wait, though it's going to take a while to get used to all the functions. It also came with a C4 handbook for some reason but I've downloaded the proper DS4 one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome along, I think it's good that they found the issue and had it repaired for you before you collected it. Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out it had a few problems including having to have a throttle body replacement that was part of a recall. They also replaced the brake pads all round and regassed the air con. The dealer couldn't be more helpful, really.

In my 38 years of driving this will be my second French car; the first was a 1980 Renault 5GTX I bought in 1989 for £50 with no MoT. It needed loads of welding and eventually it was road worthy, but it let me down so many times I got rid of it very quickly and went back to what I knew - Rover's!

I've had nothing but BL/MG Rover cars since I passed my test and the only reason I didn't buy another is the last decent car they built was the MG ZT/Rover 75 but they are all over 10 years old now and the latest MG's really are dire. The MG6 really is a nasty thing.
Edited by: rovamota

·
Registered
159 Posts
Glad to hear you've found a decent dealer.

I had a Rover 45 but got rid of that early due to an extensive list of issues I had to deal with on a 2 year old car including (what I can remember anyway)

Corroded brakes needed replacing
Battery Failure
Central locking failure
Electric window motor failure
New clutch
New gearbox
Alarm that wouldn't stop going off

And I'm sure countless other issues I can't remember about. All in all a lemon of a car!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Glad youve now got it and received great Dealer service
I wish they were all like this

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the MG Rover cars I have owned have been 100% reliable with no out of the ordinary running costs. The worst thing I had was when the water pump decided to go west on my MG ZT the day before we were due to drive to Gatwick for our holiday flight, but none of the them have ever broken down and left me stranded and all have had the much maligned K-Series engines. Good cars if treated right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts