Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Just something to watch out for.Bought 2011 DS4 Dsign 3 months ago from Arnold Clark. After 2 months use heard a scraping noise from the front brakes and phoned the salesman who sold me the car,he advised me the service manager would phone the next day to arrange an inspection.Two weeks later nothing !.Called again and was told the service manager would phone that day but when 4 0 clock came I went to the branch,he salesman showed me the note to the service team but they hadn't got round to phoning,inspection arranged for next day.....Took car in and was informed that the inspection would not be free and only be repaired if it was a manufacturing defect.....took car to my own mechanic.Phone call an hour later to tell me all discs and pads were shot and needed replacement at a cost of £300.00.Phoned Arnold Clark to query the pre delivery inspection as I had only done 2,500 miles since purchase.He told me the inspection would have been carried out but they couldn't find the actual docket with the inspection mechanics signature,also because the work was carried out by my own mechanic no contribution to the cost would be forthcoming:-1. Watch out for wear on your discs,mine had only done 15,000 when purchased

2. NEVER BUY A CAR FROM ARNOLD CLARK,ONLY ONLY INTERESTED IN GETTING YOUR DOSH !!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mate I had a bad experience with Arnold Clark .
I got rid of the car as soon as I could they are bigger cowboys than John Wayne .

Most of his stock are ex hire carson Glasgow number plates .

I agree .

DON'T BUY FROM ARNOLD CLARK !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive currently got exactly same issues with my brakes. I can hear like a noise when i drive the car and when i brake from the wheels.This is very concerning for me and i took it back to "Available Car" to get it checked under there 3000 mile return policy. I took it back after 200 miles and they checked it over and they said everything is fine.
Im gonna take it to a independant citroen garage to get the brakes checked for me tomorrow and they will let me know what they think of the brakes.
Ill let you know how i get on.

When you got the discs and pads changed did the noise clear? :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would think the noise from the brakes is likely to be an audible warning indicator from the pads that they are needing replacement. The noise in itself should not necessarily be a concern that anything has actually failed (the handbook unfortunately does not detail how any brake pad wear warning manifests itself
)
Not sure how long the brake discs and pads should last but it is down to the type of driving and the driver very much, and can vary tremendously. A car having done 12,500 in two years is fairly low mileage, which might imply a lot of town driving with frequent stopping and starting, and subsequent wear on the brakes and clutch? My DS4 had done 10,000 in just over 5 months, which would suggest the brakes having done a lot less work in comparison (I'll take a look at the discs & pads I think and see what thickness is left - I know the brakes are very effective as still getting used to instant stops as I press the pedal! oops!)

Re the aforesaid dealer in the aforesaid city .... I did a test drive of a used Auris a few months ago and found the experience from the dealership less then inspiring and vowed never to contemplate returning to look at ANY vehicles from them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts