Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m seeking some advice regarding my Citroen DS4, 1.6 Diesel car. 63 Reg. I’ve recently had an issue with it going into limp mode. Taken it to a auto electric garage, who said it was the fuse box under the bonnet. Fuse box cleaned out and fuses replaced. Then said it’s the adblue pump, had this replaced. When I went to pick the car up, the key fob was unresponsive, I couldn’t get in the car unless I unlocked in manually. I then got home and 20-30 minutes later, the alarm sounded. I had to get in the car and turn the ignition on to turn the alarm off. This keep occurring until I just locked it manually via the door. I took it back to the garage on Monday, to be told it could now be the BSI & to take it to a dealer. They’ve given me no information regarding if they’ve reset it, resynchronised my fobs or checked my battery out. The clock also resets every time the alarm sounds. Do you have idea idea what this could be? Many thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think I would get the car battery checked first. You can replaced the fob battery easily to rule that out.

When a modern car battery condition deteriorates it produces many strange faults. If it's the original then it's 7/8 years old so will be ready for replacement.

Reactions: Jess2021

·
Registered
182 Posts
The fuse box is also a source of random faults. Water causes corrosion at the multiplug underneath it. The cure requires the contacts in the multiplug and the fuse box itself to be replaced, easiest way is to get a fuse box with multiplug and a few inches of wires attached from a breakers and then splice it into the loom. Not many garages like to do this job, I don't want to have to do it again! If you look on the top cover you find a picture of a guy with a powerwash covered with a big X. I've often wondered if its the garages who sell cars and powerwash the engine to make it look better that are the cause

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuse box is also a source of random faults. Water causes corrosion at the multiplug underneath it. The cure requires the contacts in the multiplug and the fuse box itself to be replaced, easiest way is to get a fuse box with multiplug and a few inches of wires attached from a breakers and then splice it into the loom. Not many garages like to do this job, I don't want to have to do it again! If you look on the top cover you find a picture of a guy with a powerwash covered with a big X. I've often wondered if its the garages who sell cars and powerwash the engine to make it look better that are the cause
Thank you for this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I would get the car battery checked first. You can replaced the fob battery easily to rule that out.

When a modern car battery condition deteriorates it produces many strange faults. If it's the original then it's 7/8 years old so will be ready for replacement.
Thank you for this information. I’ll get the battery tested and see if that shows anything.

·
Registered
182 Posts
vexorg said:
Did the 63 reg cars have adblue?
I have no idea, according to the garage it does? They’ve put a new pump in?

I must say my 63 plate 1.6hdi didn't have adblue - do you have an adblue tank? - access to it will be under the boot carpet on the nearside under a black access bung. An adblue tank will also mean that there is insufficient space for a full size spare tyre and there will be only the depth available for a space saver tyre - if you do have a space saver check for a polystyrene filler underneath that can be removed to fit a full size spare tyre

1 - 8 of 8 Posts