Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2015 DS DS4 Crossback 1.6 Bluehdi
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would do a bit of a build thread of my DS4 CrossBack 1.6 BlueHdi.

Not done any big mods as of yet as had the timing belt/water pump and tensioners changed. Camshaft and crankshaft seals replaced. Full service and Complete new rocker cover as the PCV had deteriorated causing a slight oil leak.

Replaced the diesel filter housing as the plastic clips holding the fuel pipe had perished

Finally received my engine mounts which will be looking at fitting some time next week.

To do list:

Interior:

LED Interior Bulbs
Heated Leather Seats
Replace Gear Knob
DS5 Steering Wheel Refurb
Boot Liner

Exterior:

Cupra R Front Splitter
Alloy Refurb and Brakes
Gloss Black Roof Wrap
De Chrome
Private Plate

Engine:

Front Mount Intercooler
Short Shifter
Clutch and Flywheel
Custom Remap - Jamie at SP Tuning Hinckley

Suspension/Braking:

Brembo Drilled/Grooved Front Discs
Brembo Rear Discs
Brembo or Ferodo Brake Front/Rear Pads
Bilstein Shocks

When I first bought the car:

Debadged the car and added pressed number plates (Waiting for Gloss Black DS Badges to arrive)

Next up was Heko Wind Deflectors

DS5 Steering Wheel and Airbag

DS4 1.6 THP Air Inlet

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What a pig of a job doing the engine mounts 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 Rubbers on both engine and gearbox mounts completed worn away. The bottom engine mount near the sump is fine and doesn鈥檛 need replacing luckily as that looking at it needs the driveshaft moving out the way.

After all that hard work the starter motor has completely given up the ghost 馃う鈥嶁檪锔忦煒 bloody typical. Also have an oil leak from somewhere, bloody cars eh.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mounts look fairly accessible, where's the difficulty in them?
Drivers mount was no issue but the passengers the lower bracket plate for the battery was a pig to get out. Didn鈥檛 realize there was a bolt behind the wheel arch.

Registered
Seems to be a very tricky car to mod. Not a lot of external trim options like some other PSA cars. Its frustratingly difficult trying to locate a set of door mouldings, even through the dealer network.

Registered
Hi Paul,

Looking good!

How much of a job was the steering wheel and airbag swap? Was there much computer-based shenanigans involved, or does it go straight on and turn the key?

Cheers
Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Paul,

Looking good!

How much of a job was the steering wheel and airbag swap? Was there much computer-based shenanigans involved, or does it go straight on and turn the key?

Cheers
Mark
Thank you Mark 馃憤馃徑

If your steering wheel doesn鈥檛 have the lower steering controls and looks like mine in the pic above then it鈥檚 a direct swap with the DS5 Wheel and Airbag, no coding necessary 鈽

Registered
Nice one! That's an interesting option for the future. Good luck with the rest of the items on the to do list. Definitely with you on the gloss black roof wrap. That's something I've been weighing up for mine 馃憤.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well worth doing if you can find one cheap enough 馃憤馃徑 I鈥檓 going to send mine off to get re trimmed but going for perforated leather on the sides and nappa on the top and the bottom.

Getting new starter motor tomorrow and then need to try and source this leak. Now suspecting it鈥檚 the injector seals as it鈥檚 collecting at the top of the block and running down.

After that鈥檚 resolved will crack on with the list 馃槀

Super Moderator
The injector seals wouldn't leak oil, only diesel or cause rough running due to an air leak.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The injector seals wouldn't leak oil, only diesel or cause rough running due to an air leak.
Thank you David, initially thought it was an oil leak until I noticed pooling around the injectors and it must be running down the block and dripping on the drive. Having the new starter motor fitted today and then will be getting booked in to have the injector seals etc checked and replaced.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New starter motor fitted and back on the road now 馃榿 old one had completely seized up.

Also finally fitted the Gloss Black rear badge.

Next up injector seals and washers and replace the fuel leak off pipe as this seems to be the culprit to my fuel leak.
Also need to replace the passenger side led puddle lamp as that鈥檚 stopped working 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 Has anyone replaced one before and know the part number? Citroen are trying to say I need a complete new mirror as they don鈥檛 do the puddle lamp separate 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Replaced the fuel return pipe and serviced the injectors and have finally resolved the leak 馃榿 nice clean engine bay and no more nasty leaks and mess.

Whilst doing the work I noticed the radiator and ac condenser is very loose and knocking 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 so will need to get some new rubber mounts to sort that out - temp fix for now was a blob of sealant.

I have noticed my coolant is low but this could be down to when I had the timing belt and waterpump done and possibly has air in the system so will need to keep an eye on this.

Not noticed any obvious leaks and carpets are bone dry so the heater matrix is hopefully behaving itself.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Replaced the expansion tank and cap as the seal on the cap had failed and thought might as well replace the lot. Now holding coolant and has pressure now 馃榿

Also got Lexia now from Easy Diagnostics (great customer service!!) so will have a nosey and see what that can do.
Think I might get the front mount intercooler ordered and fitted and then book in for a remap.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Started to loose coolant again and pressure and it was the dreaded head gasket this time 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 All fixed now and cars running a treat now.

Seen a full set of heated leather seats on eBay for a steal and thought why not 馃榿

Need to give them a bloody good scrub and then treat them with a leather conditioner and sealer.
Does anyone know how to get the heated seats to work and the massage? Do they need enabling within the BSI?

I鈥檝e not had a proper look at the connectors so it could just be that I need to connect up the pins.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fitted some led interior bulbs from eBay. Nice and bright cool white and less than a fiver delivered 馃榿

Going to look at wiring in the seats for the heating and massage this week. Need to look at sorting out the knocking from the front which I suspect is the ball joints as I鈥檝e replaced the drop links recently.

Once I鈥檝e sorted the above will order the front mount intercooler and get that fitted and book in for the remap.

Found a very interesting site which has loads of ds4 builds and information, just need to translate the page to English

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I changed the drop links:

Old

New

Bit more stiffer and feel like it鈥檚 holding the road better but need to change the ball joints and will do the top mounts too and change the cups to the ones from the DS5

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The ball joints are strange, upside down and screw into the hub part.
Thank you David, just been looking on eBay for a set and they do look odd. Remember doing them on previous cars and they were not too bad to change so hopefully will be okay when I come to do them 馃馃徑

1 - 20 of 22 Posts