Citroen DS4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
2015 DS DS4 Crossback 1.6 Bluehdi
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Mirror Gear shift Speedometer

New gear knob from eBay

Nearly finished the interior, just need to send the wheel off to be re trimmed and finish the wiring off for the heated seats.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Replaced the top mounts today in the typical glorious British weather 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 What a load of fun that was.

Automotive tire Coil Rim Suspension Gas
Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Blue Grey
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Black

The bearings had separated so was a good job I replaced as the noise they were making was becoming unbearable. Only thing I did forget was to order a pair of support cups so that鈥檚 hopefully going to be rectified tomorrow fingers crossed if DS have any in stock.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper

Also replaced the intercooler pipes as they had split.

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Super Moderator
I also lined the new bearings with extra grease to keep the water out, one of mine was rusted solid and the other had come apart like yours.

I also had to replace the shocks on mine as the threaded rod split around the allan key while trying to get the nut off

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I also lined the new bearings with extra grease to keep the water out, one of mine was rusted solid and the other had come apart like yours.

I also had to replace the shocks on mine as the threaded rod split around the allan key while trying to get the nut off
I did the same as you put plenty of grease for the bearings try and prevent water getting past. Shocks are working better than they ever have 馃榿 mine before the work was done would crash into bumps and potholes whereas now it glides over.

Replaced the support cups now 馃槉

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Grey
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Can see the amount of rubbing it has caused from the old cups and bearings. Still have a rumble but the knocking has completely gone now 馃憤馃徑 I think it could be the lower arm bushes or arb bushes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Jeeze they have worn a lot haven鈥檛 they 馃槀 what mileage did you change them at David? My cars on 100k.

Cars booked in at SP Tuning on Thursday for a custom remap 馃榿 wish I had the front mount intercooler fitted but can always go back again for a map tweak. Will post the before and after results until then.

Super Moderator
Mine was only at 80k miles (6 years old) when I done them!
It was the first thing I done to the car when I got it, it was an absolute bargain price, so knew it needed a couple f bits sorted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That鈥檚 good that David 馃憤馃徑 You have the 2 ltr don鈥檛 you. I鈥檝e just had the custom remap today and it made 128 standard and 153 after. Been advised that the dpf is showing as full 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 Now I need to either get it unclogged somehow or replace it completely.

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Rectangle Wood Font Parallel Handwriting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Did a fault scan and checked the stats of the DPF and below are the results:

Automotive tire Grille Output device Light Hood
Computer Personal computer Laptop Output device Netbook

Computer Personal computer Laptop Netbook Output device

Now to me that looks like it still is regenerating as normal and that the dpf is showing as 41% full.
Took it for an Italian tune up down the M6 and it drove spot on with no turbo lag, limp mode or hesitation of any sort so I will keep an eye on it.

Decided to paint the front calipers today and will do the rear calipers tomorrow. Will do 3 coats in total spaced out over an hour or two to get a nice even coat.

First Coat:

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plastic bag Gas Bumper
Dress Leg Petal Gas Door

Super Moderator
I would normally paint the caliper and carrier separately, and avoid painting the spring and pads. The paint may cause it all to stick, particularly where the pads sit, they need to be free to move.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Front calipers all done and nice and glossy 馃槑 any overspray on the pads and discs are long gone 馃榿 just been out for a long drive through Leek and cars performing ace.

Tomorrow will do the rear calipers pending the weather fingers crossed it鈥檚 sunny 馃馃徑

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Asphalt

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
All done 鉁

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Cloud Wheel Tire Car Sky

Also managed to do a forced regeneration and brought the total soot content from 9.391g to 1.742g.

I won鈥檛 be doing a forced regen again as it can damage the filter if done too many times. To be fair it does look like it鈥檚 been doing it鈥檚 job but wondering how long before it will need replacing. The cars on 100k and my daily commute is short of 100 miles on long country roads.

Computer Netbook Personal computer Laptop Output device
Computer Personal computer Laptop Netbook Output device

Registered
'Since the weathers nice today on to the rears: '

Good to see your safe methods Paul - when I started as an app tractor mechanic the first thing I was taught was to ALWAYS use 2 methods of support when working on a vehicle and if you can't easilly do that then put the wheel you have taken off under the sill of the car. kept me safe for 55 years since :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thank you 鈽

I used to watch my dad working on cars as a youngster and even to this day we both work together on our cars doing maintenance jobs. My dad drilled it into me from a young age the importance of safety when working underneath a car or on a car.

I always chock the wheels to stop the car from moving forward or back and make sure the car is fully supported when using the jack and axle stands and to rock the car to make sure it鈥檚 fully supported 馃憤馃徑

Super Moderator
It depends on what you are doing, if not going under the car and a quick job then I would probably only use the jack - like bleeding the brakes. If doing any work that needs a bit of force or need to be under the car then it wold be axle stands.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Engineering

Got a slight leak around the circled area, daft question I know but does anyone know what it is 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 I鈥檝e had a new rocker cover and gaskets and also PCV but it鈥檚 leaking from here now.

Thank you 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
For anyone else who didn鈥檛 know the above it鈥檚 a brake vacuum pump, looks like when I had all the work done on the head the gaskets in the pump have possibly perished. New ones will get ordered and fitted and see if that resolves the slight leak 馃馃徑

Finally have heated seats and massage wired in and working 馃敟
Bottom swab not heating on drivers but easy enough fix so will tackle that next week. Also ordered another DS5 steering wheel so will get that re trimmed in the new year.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts