DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got home after a shortish local run there was a strong smell of burning rubber and the engine fan stayed running for about 10 minutes after I switched off. Has anyone else had this happen?
Can't get to the garage until next week as they don't open on saturdays.
I had noticed a beep while I was driving which, in my last car, would have meant a fault message on the screen, but there was nothing showing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine smelt like it once - really STANK! But, it's been fine ever since and Citroen didn't find anything wrong with it when I took it in.

Richcy

·
Registered
31 Posts
No need to worry. It's the particulate filter regenerating for the first couple of times from new. I believe the manual makes reference to this also had this on ours. If you mostly do short journeys it has to self clear itself of the soot. Assume you have one of the diesels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
nunp said:
No need to worry. It's the particulate filter regenerating for the first couple of times from new. I believe the manual makes reference to this also had this on ours. If you mostly do short journeys it has to self clear itself of the soot. Assume you have one of the diesels.

Mine's petrol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts