Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Me and my wife went to buy 2day a e-hdi 115 eg56 and was told it would b 12 weeks for delivery and we thought that this was abit long can u tell me please guy's will it b worth the wait? My wife has her heart set on the DS4 and I was more geared in2 the new VW Golf but after looking at the DS4 it is a lovely car and has alot more extras than the golf but I am still not 100% sure.

We are going to another dealer on Monday 2 see if we can get it sooner but the last salesperson said they all share the same system.

Can any you guy's please tell me otherwise? Is it worth the wait?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you can not wait ask the dealer to check what stock is in the country. I wanted solid white DS4 1.6 eHdi ESG but didn't want to wait 12+ weeks. They found a DStyle in another dealers allocated stock but the other dealer wouldn't let it go! They then found a Pearlescent White (about £500 more) rather than wait I took that. They had to do a deal with the other dealer which involved swapping a DS5 that they had in there stock for the DS4.
I actually wanted the new Golf or new shape Leon but the wife was only interested in the DS4. If your looking for a semi-auto gearbox then the VW Group DSG BOX is much better than the EGS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Should also add that I've had the car 8 weeks now and have already had 2 gearbox failure warnings pop up, the second time yesterday which shut the car down & wouldn't restart because it thought it was still in gear!! 20 mins later & it rectified its self! Only done 1800 miles so far, gonna get it booked in, may just need a software update. Also not too impressed with the MPG I'm returning.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Birksy. I would be interested to hear how you get on with the gearbox issue. I've had recurring egs failure in the past year and despite several visits to Citroen, they can't fix it.Also agree that Citroen's quoted MPG figures are a complete work of fiction.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dr.Bob said:
Hi All,

Me and my wife went to buy 2day a e-hdi 115 eg56 and was told it would b 12 weeks for delivery and we thought that this was abit long can u tell me please guy's will it b worth the wait? My wife has her heart set on the DS4 and I was more geared in2 the new VW Golf but after looking at the DS4 it is a lovely car and has alot more extras than the golf but I am still not 100% sure.

We are going to another dealer on Monday 2 see if we can get it sooner but the last salesperson said they all share the same system.

Can any you guy's please tell me otherwise? Is it worth the wait?

Ive got a 2.0Hdi D Style that was an ex demo, had a good deal as it was 20 months old on 8800 miles. Its always worth looking on the main Citroen website for pre owned cars. I have heard that egs models give problems!

Before buying I tried the New Civic and Guilietta but the DS4 looks,ride, &value won the day

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I got mine I waiting 16 weeks. I could of had the same car in two different colours that were in group stock but I decided to wait. I love mine but have a manual.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep the wait is a bit of a joke mine 3 months this must be costing citroen sales plenty of other makers can supply cars without the delay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts