Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am not a DS4 owner just yet but may be going to look at a 2012 DS4 D Style 1.6HDI 110bhp with full service history and 66K on the clock.

I have owned Citroens in the past but I'm new to the latest generation of cars. Are there any particular points or known potential problems that i should be checking on the car other than the usual cosmetics, tyres, brakes etc

Thanks

Mark

·
Super Moderator
1,017 Posts
There doesn't appear to be anything particularly odd or quirky about the DS4 range.

The 1.6 diesel is known for having a weak turbo, but at least it's easy to cahnge if it ever were to go thanks to the positioning.

Other common issue are the wheel get corrosion on the surface, lacquer on the rear door handle, chrome trim gets discoloured, non-satnav have poor bluetooth audio problems.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Check out the rear doors, as their shape, combined with the position of the back seat, makes entry and exit difficult for the less than agile. Also, the rear door windows do not open. Neither was a problem on our DS4 Crossback, as there was normally only 2 of us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bluetooth is a problem on cars with Sat Nav too. If you can stretch to a 2litre 150bhp diesel i think you'd love the performance.
Lacquer on rear door handles is a problem, but on the car you're looking at, they are likely to have been replaced already. Likewise early model years had a problem with paint peeling on the front of the bonnet.
Sound quality on my 2015 DStyle stereo was awful - no bass. Solved that with an under-seat subwoofer.
Agree with the comment above about the wheels - dealer wasn't interested when I raised the fact that all four of mine had corroded in the middle.
It's a great car as a motorway cruiser and handling is good, seats are really comfy too. But not suitable as a main family vehicle as it's cramped in the rear and the back windows don't open.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The 2.0 diesel on the DS4 is 165bhp!!! /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
The Euro 5 car is 135 or 160PS, Euro 6 150PS (manual) or 180PS (automatic)

·
Registered
544 Posts
But not suitable as a main family vehicle as it's cramped in the rear and the back windows don't open.
It was for us, no issues with rear passengers at all I’d still have it of the engine hadn’t boiled itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts