Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to update my iPhone 4S a couple of weeks ago, and instead of updating, it completely wiped everything from my phone. Pics, numbers, everything. I've also lost the alerts on the DS forum. I get alerts to my email, but I used to get alerts as an SMS but don't get them anymore and can't see how to get them on. Can some1 help me please. Xxx

·
Registered
94 Posts
did you update through your pc? If so or if you've had it connected lately there will be a back up.

If you go into itunes when it's connected it will tell you under the iphone tab whether it backs up to the pc or to the icloud. You should be able to get them from there

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol Gareth. I'm starting to feel like that. Gone are the days when communication was by letters only. Yes I was around then lol. Xx

Danny, I'm too scared to plug my phone back into the PC in case I press the wrong button and it wipes the phone again. I've managed to get SOME pics back but only from copying from my Facebook. Xx

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can you look in itunes without it plugged in then, if you can't see it I will have a look tonight when I get in and see if you can access it without needing the phone plugged in.

Mine used to back up the icloud which I stopped it doing, I don't want my address book or pics etc. floating about up there!

·
Registered
94 Posts
OK

go into itunes without the phone connected, then go to

edit
preferences
devices

This should show you when the iphone was last backed up

You can also Click the 'prevent ipds' box and that will stop it sync'ing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts