Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a one time payment for the current month. Does that update the whole system as I have no option to display speed cameras.
I'm not really a "speeder", but I find a lot of roads these days have 40 and 50 zones in what would be traditionally 60 or 70. And often they'll have the cameras on them.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I really cant answer your questions on how or what it does
Your dealer 'should' know...COUGH

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping someone here might know (given it's a DS4 forum), I just don't see an option on my satnav

·
Registered
201 Posts
The dealer I got my car from has told me the speed camera update will keep up to date the speed shown in the top left hand edge of the screen. I have noticed that quite often where the speed has relatively recently change (say from national speed limit to 40/50mph) the sat nav still shows are 60 or 70mph. I have yet to try it with an update.
Like you I do not see a settings to show speed cameras.Edited by: neilp

·
Registered
154 Posts
As mentioned, the speed cameras/danger areas are purchased separately and loaded via USB.

Page 334 of the Owners Manual describes the various settings, which I've copied and pasted in Bold below:

Press on Navigation to display the primary page.

Press on the secondary page.
Select "Settings".
Select "Alarm!".
It is then possible to activate Risk Areas alerts then:
- "Audible warning"
- "Alert only when navigating"
- "Alert only for overspeed"
- "Display speed limits"
- Timing: the choice of timing allows the time before giving a Risk Area alert to be defined.

Select "Confirm".

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've found it now in the e manual I have. I note it also says:
"This series of alerts and displays is
only available if Risk Areas have first
been downloaded and installed on the
system."

That probably explains why we don't see the menu as the download/install hasn't been done yet.
Good to know though.Edited by: neilp

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
It doesnt work on mine either
Very annoying that the Garmin Satnav I plug into my other car has free updates and camera location for life
You pay extra for a built in Satnav and have to pay for all the functions!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope this is allowed. If anyone wants the latest speed cameras from April 17 then PM me.

Matt

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
That's very kind Matt. Yes. Allowed
Thankyou

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Matt, does it update the options to allow new options to be shown?
Are these maps tied to a particular satnav?

Edited by: vexorg

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Matt, I guess they don't stretch to covering Sydney, do they ?
Ha ha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, I will get round to responding to the PMs now. As far as I am aware, they are not tied to a particular set of maps and should work on all units. I have installed them on mine and had no problems. I believe they are just for Europe I am afraid.

I also have the latest firmware 2.86 and Maps from April 17 if anyone is interested although these files are much larger and have the <b style="text-decoration-line: underline;">potential [/b]to be a bit of a pain and if they are not installed correctly can brick your Nav unit.

Matt

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've used Matt's speed camera download on my 2016 DS4 Prestige with a 7" screen and it works. It hasn't however updated the speed shown in the top right hand corner as the dealer said it would. For example there are roads around me that have changed from national speed limit to 40 (single carriageway) or 50 (dual carriageway). Still shows 60 & 70mph respectively. While out testing it did notify me of a red light camera, so it's definitely working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends which version you have, mine is a 2011 and the procedure is - Press and hold setup for a few seconds then"Telephone/Audio Diagnostics" "Device Description" and "Software". Your software version will be displayed. I believethis is slightly different for the touchscreen units.

Matt

·
Registered
201 Posts
vexorg said:
where do you find the firmware version on the unit?
Mine is a 2016. After following Matt's suggestion I pressed and held the setup button and the System Information screen opens.

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, a big thanks to Matt for his help. It's been a slow painful week of updating the firmware, maps, and finally the risk zones.
Worth it for the 7 digit post codes, and not driving in the middle of fields for new roads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts