DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone into detailing your DS4?

I'm a bit of an OCD cleaner
Not an expert by any means but love getting my car as clean as I can.
I started looking at the best way to clean your car when I got my brand new DS3 just over a year ago and now I'm hooked.
I wash mine at least once a week and sometimes more
and give it a good detail once a month.
I can't be the only one!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Chud

I am getting a bit obsessive to the extent my birthday next week and all I want is detailing stuff including a snow foam lance. Whilst I love the car to look sparking I all love getting out of the way of a nagging wife and 3 kids lol,

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes nice and peaceful
I,ve got a snow foam lance and think it's great.Got it from Autobrite on a group buy on Detailingworld.co.uk some pretty good deals on there and loads of info,worth a look!

I got hooked when I bought my first brand new car,DS3,and thought I'd look and see the best way to clean it,best advice was throw away the sponge and shamy,buy a lambs wool wash mit and microfibre drying towel and use the two bucket method to wash the car.

Only trouble with detailing is it eats into your driving time!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Following your post I have picked up an auto Brite snow foam lance, any top tips for using it
Edited by: Aldo

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First pressure wash the car to remove all the loose dirt and grit.
I use Magifoam,about 1" in the bottle and then fill bottle to about a third with water.Screw top knob all the way down and back off about 1/4 turn and adjust the nozzle so it's just open.
Foam away!
It took me a few goes to get a good thick foam that clings well but I just kept making small adjustments until I got it right.
Let it dwell for about 15-20 mins(good time to clean your wheels) and pressure wash off.
It should leave your car 90% clean depending how dirty it was to start.
I usually remove the bottle and dip the pipe in a bucket of water and run the pressure washer to clean the lance out.
You will still need to wash the car after but it will be a lot easier and the less contact your wash mitt has with the car the less chance of inflicting swirls.
Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use a hose pipe, a bucket and two sponges with a thid sponger for alloys only. I use a microfibre to dry off and wax with maguires. I did clay the car the day I brought her home from the dealer and resealed the pain with Maguires and finishes with Autoglym perfectionist sealer. The interior trim has all be sealed with P303 aerospace protectant and I hae also done all my external rubber seals with P303 as well. Exterior black plastics aare done with Car plan nano plastic shine and the tyres are spongue coated with nano and sprayed over with aerosol back to black. My car does 800 miles a week and looks great. Wheels are sealed with Autoglym alloy sealant

·
Registered
129 Posts
hi all

just bought a few items for the DS4 to keep it looking good

<h1 ="parseasintitle"="">Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax</h1>

Meguiars endurance high gloss tyre protection Gel

Meguiars tyre dressing applicator pad<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0009IQXJ0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00" target="_blank">
</a>

any body use anything else? maybe something for the winter? what about something for the leather inside?

thanks

Edited by: pudseycongs

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use Megs tyre gel,good stuff,just don't put to much on as it will "sling"badly as I found out the hard way.For winter a couple of coats of Collonite 476 wax should do the job.
Personally I use a lot of Autobrite stuff,I find their products do a very good job,are easy to use and are well priced.(notaffiliated in any way)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I use alot of Autobright stuff aswell,they have a frachise near where I work. I clean my car once a week and use Project 32 spray gloss sealanton the paintwork after drying,I have a black car so it gets rid of watermarks. I also clean and condition the leather every 3 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts