Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer has had my DStyle 110 for over a week now and don't no what's wrong (must be good techs in Aberdeen) the mirrors didn't unfold when the button was pushed to unlock the car then on turning the key in the ignition it done nothing (I.E didn't start) then an alarm sounded and on the little screen it said "Engine failure, charging failure, and parking brake failure, that was last Thursday 30/8/12 they claim there's been no problem with any other DS4 up here, I have no idea when I'm getting it back but I hope it's soon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi baz

Sorry to hear about that. I had one with similar issues only mine liked to fire all the warnings usually after an accelerating right turn and completely at random but usually some time in between intervals. I hate to tell you this but they had mine for approx 2 months, Citroen (the manufacturer not the dealer) never came up with a cause and they ended up replacing the car. Yours could just be a BSI unit as they run just about everything on the car including the stuff you mentioned and they DO fail unfortunately it probably won't be the first thing they will change because they cost a lot and Citroen has to authorise the replacement . All I can say is stay with it, you'll get a result eventually. If you want to put the pressure on, try demanding they give you a ds4 as a loaner until yours is sorted. Usually that focuses their mind as you'll find its the managers that are running them as company cars and they won't want to give them up,

What age is the car btw, is it an 11 plate?

Let us know how you get on..

Take care... Azzy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying, sorry to hear about your one, mine is a 61 plate, after a call to customer services yesterday they have given me a seat Leon from enterprise car hire until Thursday and they have said I am gettiing a courtesy car from then, the part they have ordered is an electrical cut off switch but they have no idea when it will b in as it is on back order! A new one would b nice apart from the poor MPG, at the beginning I was only getting average of 35 mpg now after 6000 miles it's only gone upto 39 mpg, nowhere near published figures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw your comment. I'm not competent in garage speak. What's a BSI ?
I have issues with the computer on my ds4. Like it doesn't power up sometimes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

BSI stands for Body Systems Interface if I remember correctly. As far as I can tell, it is the glue that holds all the other Electronic Control Units (Engine, Brakes, Power Steering, ect) together and lets the driver know if there is a fault, so it also drives the instrument panel displays (not the sat nav or radio however), Citroen in their infinite wisdom also chose to have the headlights, auto wipers, locks, windows, ect run through thisecu. Its therefore a bit of a beast when it comes tocar ECU systems.

Ifthe computer your referring to that doesnt power up sometimes, is the Sat nav/Radio,I doubt it is the BSI thats at fault because its about the only computer on the car that DOESNT talk to the BSI. If its any consolation, my sat nav/radio sometimes take20 secs to start up as well and Im not alone as Ive seen other people mentioning it on here.

Hope this helps... Azzy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm. I'm not sure what the problem is then. It didn't power up with Citroen logo at all yesterday. I couldn't get the Mp3cd out of the player.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi azzy my car is still in the garage, they tell me it is a relay in a fuse box that is shutting down but the whole fuse box needs changed and it's on back order so I still have no idea when I will get my car back

Thanks Baz

·
Registered
42 Posts
That sounds like it'll be the under bonnet fuse box. It shouldn't take that long to get. I hope it fixes your problem... Is your fault active all the time or is it intermittent?

Take care .. Azzy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that was what he called it the under bonnet fuse box, it happened one day then the AA messed about and got it started then it ran for a day and a half and wouldn't start so it was picked up and taken to the dealer, they now say the part "might " be in on Wednesday but im not going to hold my breath. I hope nothing else goes wrong with it between this and dire mpg figures we might have to re think our choice of car, it's a really nice car we have the silver one, I think it looks better than the other colours, it drives nice and handles well but we feel lied to about the MPG published in the book as our one returns nothing like those figures

·
Registered
12 Posts
could that be the same problem with my car?it goes back to the garage on Wednesday for a couple of days for them to try and sort it..! it did break down on Holiday , with Engine Temp Fault and the air con wasn't working the day before.. I remember that! the mechanic told us to ignore the computer and drive it home,even though the computer hadn't powered up the satnav.. he was French and was a renault mechanic!?!, courtesy of RAC, and responded within 45mins... Pretty good really!
i'm being given a Ds4 DSport Manual courtesy car while my 155-EGS is away!

I have always been loyal to Citroen and the garage here, Hastings, have been and still are very good to me, so I'm hoping this is resolved soon.

·
Registered
551 Posts
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">"i'm being given a Ds4 DSport Manual courtesy car while my 155-EGS is away!"
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">Every cloud has a silver lining!

<br ="Apple-interchange-newline">

1 - 11 of 11 Posts