DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody experienced problems with the CD player on their DS4? Never really used it until recently, when I tried it, every CD shows up as unreadable. Booked her in (due to holiday conflicts between me and the "master" technician it can't be looked at for a fortnight. Dealership are saying they've seen this once before, they have to "go through the motions" for warranty purposes but the chances are it'll just be replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dug I'd expect a bit of skipping with the firm suspension setup on the DS4, would just like to use it occasionally! Slightest bump in the road sounds a little too often thought, maybe my fault is a more extreme version of the problem you have.

·
Registered
395 Posts
andrew2106,This is a 'known' problem with the DS4 setup and if you have the satnav it affects that as well.
I have 'gone through the motions' for 4 months now and they have NOT just changed the unit(although they told me this as well), they take all sorts of readings / codes and are supposidly sending out a 'fix bespoke to your car. . perservere - citroen are trying to avoid a recall on this.

The other known fault is the corroding chrome wing mirrors which I at last have had authorisation for replacements for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rich.cath had the car 9 months, no effect on the satnav whatsoever. If they think they're going to mess me around on this they are very sadly mistaken! Don't have the chrome wing mirrors so don't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
578 Posts
andrew2106 said:
Quick update. Dealer inspected the unit this morning - replacement ordered. Result!
Andrew Im curious as to what year your car is. Ive got a July 2011 with slight sat nav issues, wondering if its 2011 manufactured cars?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rev, mine is Aug/Sept 2012 - when I spoke to the dealership they said it wasn't the first one they'd had with problems playing CDs. Hopefully on the replacement unit everything will work - I've seen a few comments about faulty Bluetooth and sat nav, however I've never had issue with these.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Rev This was part of my ongoing electronics problems, which thge magic software update seems to have cured. You need to chase up dealer or get it at your service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My CD player jumps all the time, last time I mentioned to the dealer they said it was fine on CDs they tried, I just use my iPad now, although Bluetooth only works with iPad occasionally. Bit disappointed really.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The same thing was happening to me, music kept jumping on Bluetooth plus it kept coming up "unable to read CD" when I placed a CD in the CD player.Took it to my local Citroen dealer who told me that the system had not been updated with the latest software. Two weeks later a new system arrived from Italy which was supplied and installed under warranty....Works like a dream now..

·
Registered
395 Posts
Key thing here is to be persistant.I was fobbed off for 5 months, but eventually got software and Citroen jumping.
Your car should work if it does'nt and its not wear and tear they are responsible - threaten publicity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Totally agree rich.cath. My CD player was replaced yesterday, however the dealership will be hearing from me again today. All functions of the radio/CD/iPod work perfectly, but when I was sat waiting for the other half to finish work I noticed how the unit had been refitted. The two pieces of plastic trim on either side of the screen are not fitted flush - one looks upside down, and the whole thing looks like it was fitted by a blind monkey with cloven hooves for hands! To top it all, they have not updated the unit to the latest firmware, the delay on startup is more apparent because now the citroen logo has been replaced by a large Peugeot lion. Citroen aftersales is legendary!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Anyway - my persistance did pay off.I am featured in Autoexpress magazine 1272 if you are interested, regarding my software issues.
Lovely picture of me, not the car - and they have seriously photoshopped it as the trampoline in background is at my house but pictures of me and car were taken a mile away. the story has been simplified as well, but what the hell my 15 mins.....

·
Registered
578 Posts
rich.cath said:
Anyway - my persistance did pay off.
I am featured in Autoexpress magazine 1272 if you are interested, regarding my software issues.

Lovely picture of me, not the car - and they have seriously photoshopped it as the trampoline in background is at my house but pictures of me and car were taken a mile away. the story has been simplified as well, but what the hell my 15 mins.....

When does that edition come out?
My cars in for service next Thursday, and Ive told them all about the infamous satnav boot (and clunky gears) Watch this space !

·
Registered
395 Posts
RevG,
I subscribe and it arrived yesterday so it should be out in shops about now.

Hey I'll take my 15mins anyway I can

Good luck at garage, hope they solve your faults.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine 2.0 HDi Style 160, registered January 2012.
Also had problems with CDs being "Unreadable". Mostly never displayed the track names either! Also, screen fails to start sometimes. Not great if you go into reverse gear....as no warning sensor activated....ouch! Also, not handy when sat nav fails to restart when engine restarted....get lost!

Eventually mentioned these problems at my recent 20,000 service, together with a possible "software upgrade". Of course, local Citroen bods not heard of this new fangled updatey thingy!
So, they have said they will replace the CD unit...whatever that entails. Would love it to be replaced with a DAB Radio unit, which i believe is the standard on a new DS4 now. Might have to continue with a Pure Highway DAB plugged into the Aux input. Will report back. By the way, my Bluetooth has been fine with my mobile, both for calls and music playback.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Skyrider, I am still having problems and getting nowhere fast with Citroen. The software update to solve the slow start-up etc seems to bypass certain boot up protocols to speed it up. This'd then gives false data for first couple of minutes when engine started from cold. So everything bsays its okay when it hasvno idea! I get no ice alert, no TPMS readings for example, and Citroen are trying everything to avoid dealing with it. I think another Auto express article is called for....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts