Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Chip Tuning

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jacksonkua 
#1 ·
I am thinking of getting my DS4 2.0HDI 160 sport tuned.Having been burned buying a chip and trying to tune my Xsara 1.6 diesel - almost impossible.

Is the DS4 easy?
Should I get a dealer to do it?
Different chips seem to offer from 182 - 199 BHP why?
Should I leave it alone!

See less See more
#2 ·
If it were me I would be looking at a remap,might cost more but it will be bespoke to your car and not just a generic chip that will just mess with your fuel and air mix.I bought one for my van that was supposed to be the dogs bo*****s and it deffo made the van quicker but it also Knackered my fuel pressure sensor and cost me £80 for a new one.
It's for sale if anyone is interested

Just my twopeneth worth!

#3 ·
The DS4 ecu is anti- tuned. To remap they need to open the ecu box which might affect your warranty.
I installed Racechip tuning box to my thp 155 and i am very happy with the results. Power is now close to 190 hp and torque nearly 300 Nm. Its a plug and play item so i take it off when i send it to the service centre. Combined with K & N panel filter it works really well.

#4 ·
Thanks for replies.Still not clear if direct map (void warrantee) or chip box better.
Had bad experience on 1.6HDI citroen previously not simple plug in - is it simple plug in 2.0HDI 160, or is it buried at bottom / back of engine again.

#7 ·
Rich.Cath- I recommend the Race chip tuning box from Germany. In my opinion the best in the market. I have also considered TMC and Swiss Chiptech, but finally decided on the racechip. Mine was hidden inside the fuse box besides the battery so its not very visible on first look.

#9 ·
ajdar said:
The DS4 ecu is anti- tuned. To remap they need to open the ecu box which might affect your warranty.
I installed Racechip tuning box to my thp 155 and i am very happy with the results. Power is now close to 190 hp and torque nearly 300 Nm. Its a plug and play item so i take it off when i send it to the service centre. Combined with K & N panel filter it works really well.

Hi Adjar,

Where you brought it.

I also think of getting one...

Look like you are the only pioneer in same country.

A lot to learn from you..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.