Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas for the best way to clean up the chrome around car windowsthats water stained? Ive used Simoniz chrome cleaner but hasnt really done the job. Ive used Mer car polish thats done a better job but not fully restored. What do you reckon?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've tried just about everything but no luck
I'm going to try my machine polisher as a last resort,not holding my breath though!
Mine was like it when I got the car,obviously no protection used on it ever.
To be honest I think mine is beyond saving so replace or live with it.
Hope you have some luck with yours

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine are a mess too, to be honest the whole car had never seen any polish/wax (exdemonstrator!) I have tried all sorts the best so far is the Poorboys Diamond bright but really not happy yet.

Anyone else tried?

·
Registered
231 Posts
i used PoorBoys QD+ Quick Detailer Plus with Carnauba Wax
seemed to bring mine up good will post a pic tomorrow in daylight

but i don't know how mine are compared to yours?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mines an ex demostrator and like otherws had no waxing or general care! Today the chrome seems much better after using the Merl wax, BUT still not perfect!!!
CITROEN TAKE CARE OF DEMONSTRATORS!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there , I use a product called Showroom Shine by Greased Lightning . It's a polish and cleaner in one . Brings the chrome up amazing and doesn't leave any streaks or powder residue .

·
Registered
267 Posts
Rev G- i use Meguiars Quick Detailer for a quick fix to the chrome and body.Its American made and i must say it works well

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tried some Autosmart Highstyle at the weekend and it seems to do the trick all my chrome looks a lot better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts