Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone suggest the best cleaning product for the chrome etc around the doors, water stains are driving me mad after 3 weeks.

Ds4 great car by the way, dismissed it in the showroom my wife said loved the look, within 1 hour drove it away!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Just use a cloth and apply a small amount of medium/fine polish and rub till smooth and buff off
Or
Some metal polish will be fine, but don't rub as hard as its quite aggressive stuff

·
Registered
176 Posts
Same with us Bon, we were looking at another car in a used garage and saw the DS4, wife really liked the looks and a week later we bought a 2015 DSport from a Citroën dealership at more than twice the price of the car we originally went to see!!

Regarding the chrome, once polished you can protect it with certain waxes or sealants but not all well bond well with it. Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all just signed for my new baby my DS4 can't wait to collect it on Thursday, try Autosol but dont rub in too much as it may do more harm than good

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Becki_Justin said:
Same with us Bon, we were looking at another car in a used garage and saw the DS4, wife really liked the looks and a week later we bought a 2015 DSport from a Citroën dealership at more than twice the price of the car we originally went to see!!

Regarding the chrome, once polished you can protect it with certain waxes or sealants but not all well bond well with it.
Use a sealant..No bonding issues at all..
Mind you Ive never seen any with wax either
Depends on how often you apply it
I reapply regularly, but I have Sealant on the DS4 with a wax topper

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Chris said:
Becki_Justin said:

Regarding the chrome, once polished you can protect it with certain waxes or sealants but not all well bond well with it.
Use a sealant..No bonding issues at all..
Mind you Ive never seen any with wax either
Depends on how often you apply it
I reapply regularly, but I have Sealant on the DS4 with a wax topper
Yes I said that...Its quite aggressive

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yea, getting ours coated with GTechniq Crystal Serum this week, to help protect the chocolate lacquer!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried all sorts of polishes on the water stained "chrome" trim on my car - nervous about using anything too aggressive as its not chrome & didn't want to damage the surface. Nothing really worked.

In the end I asked the bodyshop at my Citroen dealers for advice - they recommended using cockpit shine sprayed onto a cloth and wiped over the trim - seems to work for a while but washes off eventually. Quick fix if want to mask the stain.

Let me know if anything really works.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Medium fine polish works and is permanent, if you seal it afterwardsWhat nonsense from the Dealer Bodyshop..Typical ..LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.