DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have purchased a set of chrome side mirror covers to replace the current Hickory Brown ones I have got.

Bought the parts from Citroen,but I am not able to remove the mirror glass to get to remove the covers.Have someone done/tried it before?

Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi chaps,

Got to remove the mirrors with the help of my go pro suction cup.Very easy.
Looks great now with the chrome mirrors!

SHB

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi SHB,

Very keen to know what you paid and how you actually got the mirror off with the suction. perhaps a pic, or we could meet up.

I am keen to take mine off and carbon wrap them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fautlysa,

Bought the chrome mirrors straight from Citroen parts division and paid about R700 if I can remember.I used my GoPro suction cup and actually just made it suck on the centre of the mirror and then just pulled back.

The mirrors came out quite easy and then to remove the covers it's just 2 clips and very easy!

I am only back in SA in 3 weeks and will post pictures then!

Stephan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@vdbergwouter, they charged me R1200 odd for purchase and fitment and R700 for mirrors alone.It took me 5 mins to fit both!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looks like you've the same colour as mine, I'd like to fit such chrome side mirrors on mine, plus side srtips. If you could post pics with those elements blown-up? What kind of strips do you have? All chrome or partly chrome?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Have just purchased aftermarket chrome mirror covers, waiting for them to arrive, will post pics then. Has anyone changed mirror covers too?

·
Registered
470 Posts
el--lobo said:
I have aftermarket one they stick on over your existing mirror. I found I needed more trim tape to get a nice fit.
That's strange, looks like mine will have to be exchanged with the current ones, thats what I gather having seen these pics,:

Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry needed to resize the pic.

Mine were smooth underneath with strips of trim
tape. The instructions said to attach
over the current mirror casing. I think
replacement casings may look better, looking closely at mine you can tell they
are ""˜covers'. I had them from Fleabay.

·
Registered
470 Posts
From this distatnce you cannot tell if they are covers or not, looks like you've got the same colour as mine... gris shark, right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts