Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I was having a snoop around Citroen's configurator and noticed that they've scrapped the Dsign from the DS4 and you can now only get the 200bhp petrol on the Dsport trim, this is also now the only petrol engine available for the DS4!


Doesn't look like they've added any new spec, but speccing a 160 diesel Dstyle to the old Dsport spec costs nearly 1k more, I better not get stung with this having placed an order for a 160 diesel Dsport a few weeks back!!


Anyone heard anything??


Dan :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Adding DSport spec (as best as possible) to the DSign always did make it quite a bit more expensive; the difference between the two always was £1,000 with the leather pack being £950 (standard on the DSport, optional on the DStyle) before looking at any other options (19" wheels, security signature etc.), frankly the only reason the DStyle makes sense on the 2.0HDi is as a 135bhp model or with no options, otherwise you might as well buy the DSport unless the 19" wheels upset you. There was a rumour the 19" wheels would be dropped on the DSport but this doesn't appear to have happened.

Also, you can no longer specify eMyWay on its own, you can only get it with the Denon Hi Fi.

The loss of the DSign is hardly a surprise, it was curiously under-equipped compared to the DStyle, I've always thought the chasm between the DStyle and DSign curious and then the very close price of the DStyle and DSport. The 1.6VTi won't be missed either as its a bit gutless in the heavier DS4 (works fine in the DS3 though).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank Bullitt said:
Adding DSport spec (as best as possible) to the DSign always did make it quite a bit more expensive; the difference between the two always was £1,000 with the leather pack being £950 (standard on the DSport, optional on the DStyle) before looking at any other options (19" wheels, security signature etc.), frankly the only reason the DStyle makes sense on the 2.0HDi is as a 135bhp model or with no options, otherwise you might as well buy the DSport unless the 19" wheels upset you. There was a rumour the 19" wheels would be dropped on the DSport but this doesn't appear to have happened.

Also, you can no longer specify eMyWay on its own, you can only get it with the Denon Hi Fi.

The loss of the DSign is hardly a surprise, it was curiously under-equipped compared to the DStyle, I've always thought the chasm between the DStyle and DSign curious and then the very close price of the DStyle and DSport. The 1.6VTi won't be missed either as its a bit gutless in the heavier DS4 (works fine in the DS3 though).

I still find it odd you can only get the 200bhp petrol in Dsport trim!


Yeah I did notice that about the SAtnav/Hifi too.


Does make sense sacking off the Dsign though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
I find it odder that Citroen never introduced a manual 1.6THP with one of the engines between 150 and 160bhp (now 165 on various Euro 6 model) leaving a massive chasm between the anaemic 1.6VTi and 1.6THP 200, I get the latter is for the 'top' model but that doesn't mean everyone else has to slum it! Not sure if you could get a manual on the continent with one of these engines.

Either way, it's going to be interesting when the 110 and 130 bhp blown Puretech 1.2 models arrive, the 130 with a 6-speed box looks especially useful on the 308, but then I am a fan of 3 cylinder engines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank Bullitt said:
I find it odder that Citroen never introduced a manual 1.6THP with one of the engines between 150 and 160bhp (now 165 on various Euro 6 model) leaving a massive chasm between the anaemic 1.6VTi and 1.6THP 200, I get the latter is for the 'top' model but that doesn't mean everyone else has to slum it! Not sure if you could get a manual on the continent with one of these engines.

Either way, it's going to be interesting when the 110 and 130 bhp blown Puretech 1.2 models arrive, the 130 with a 6-speed box looks especially useful on the 308, but then I am a fan of 3 cylinder engines.

I guess we'll get the Blue's soon too? Every other DS model has them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
September 2015 is when all engines have to be EU6 compliant (which the VTi and HDi non-Blue are not) which I suspect is the same time the facelifted DS4 is likely to be introduced - either they are already in the process of introducing EU6 cars into the production run or they'll wait for the facelift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frank Bullitt said:
September 2015 is when all engines have to be EU6 compliant (which the VTi and HDi non-Blue are not) which I suspect is the same time the facelifted DS4 is likely to be introduced - either they are already in the process of introducing EU6 cars into the production run or they'll wait for the facelift.

See I'm still confused by what my dealer told me. He said that I've got a new 2015 model, then went on to say that they quite often change things on the car ie. the last update was the DAB, but didn't know what the 2015 changes were.


I guess I'll just have to wait until March to find out - really hope it's not delayed!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
I find it odder that Citroen never introduced a manual 1.6THP with one of the engines between 150 and 160bhp (now 165 on various Euro 6 model) leaving a massive chasm between the anaemic 1.6VTi and 1.6THP 200, I get the latter is for the 'top' model but that doesn't mean everyone else has to slum it! Not sure if you could get a manual on the continent with one of these engines.

Either way, it's going to be interesting when the 110 and 130 bhp blown Puretech 1.2 models arrive, the 130 with a 6-speed box looks especially useful on the 308, but then I am a fan of 3 cylinder engines.
It's the same story on the continent, either the 1.6VTi 120 bhp or the 1.6THP 200 bhp. Pity they havent got the 160 bhp on offer as the car is too heavy for the VTi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Even more confusing, the DSign and 1.6VTi models are back on the configurator!

I think the facelift will coincide with the introduction of puretech and blue models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frank Bullitt said:
Even more confusing, the DSign and 1.6VTi models are back on the configurator!

I think the facelift will coincide with the introduction of puretech and blue models.

So they are!


And you can buy a diesel Dsport again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Three blue HDi engines (120bhp 1.6 and 150bhp/ 180bhp 2.0 manual/ auto respectively) with the DStyle Nav replacing the DStyle (with standard e-MyWay, not fitted to the DSport), the configurator suggests you can now get Babylon red with Habana leather but the price list still suggests these are mutually exclusive which is a shame.

1.2 Puretech 130 DStyle Nav in Arctic Steel with Habana for me please!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It still remains a mystery if I'll actually receive the 2.0 160 or whether I'll end up with the 150 Blue! Can't get hold of my dealer!
Edited by: danlock92
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top