Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weeks Auto Express told a worrying story about the state of Citroen / Peugeot (C-P) finances.Whilst other companies are making around £4-8billion a year, C-P are losing £6billion a year - this is unsustainable and now talk is they may go bust, not good for us /spares / resale - look what happened with Saab!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Rich this article appeared 30 July. Is Auto Express revealing new info since then?

(Reuters) - EU state aid regulators approved on Tuesday a 7-billion-euro ($9.28 billion) French loan guarantee for PSA Peugeot Citroen's (PEUP.PA) financing arm, provided the French car maker pays a higher price for the support.

The European Commission said PSA's restructuring plan would help restore the company's viability without giving it an unfair advantage.
"This is a balanced result which offers the PSA group the chance to make a new start on a sound basis," EU Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia said in a statement.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rev, doubt auto express has new data. What you say is interesting and inline with what we have heard/discussed before. Problem to me is that, this loan is a temporary lifeline, after all Greece, Spain, Prtugal and Ireland have done so well since getting Euro loan bailouts! Losing ‚¬6b a year will still ea it up fast. They need a firm action plan, and model strategy to sell more cars, and focusing std Citroens against Skoda, DS range against Audi, and Peugeot against Volkswagen, seems to be a limited strategy to me.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Well the 208 is selling really well and the 2008 is expected to sell equally as good. A new 308 is just round the corner too. Citroen are looking at refreshing their entire 'C' range I think and are intending to target budget buyers.

The company said the new cars such as the Peugeot 2008 crossover, 208 hatchback and Citroen DS vehicle line exceeded targets, helping to narrow the loss at the auto unit to 510 million euros from 657 million euros a year ago. PSA expects a further boost from the Peugeot 308 compact and Citroen C4 Picasso minivan in the second half of the year.
Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20130731/ANE/307319984/psa-sees-recovery-signs-despite-wider-first-half-loss

Fingers crossed they can turn it around.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I agree with RichThe money may help short term but a better business strategy is needed

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thats why Citroen is really pushing hard in China...millions of potential buyers over there.They are promoting the Ds range as well as the C- ellysee...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Lets hope it's true and not just a PR exercise to try and bolster a bit of confidenceI don't really get the new"C Line"

Surely thats what we have already:-C1,C2,C3.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts