Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wealth of experience and expertise in Car CleaningJust ask and I'll do my best to help
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Chris,

Can you give advice with Waxing 2 weeks after adding 1st layer?

About 2 weeks ago I washed, clayed, polished then waxed my car with Autoglym HD Wax, I only had time to put one coat of wax on. I've got some time next week to add a couple more coats but seeing as its been 2 weeks what's the procedure? Can I get away with a wash then wax or do I have to polish then add a clean base layer of wax?

Cheers

Pete

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just add another coat after washing the carYou only need to clay and polish the car oncea year
Multiple coats will do no harm but usually not essential
I always top up with a Quick Detailier spray after most washes

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Chris, my DS is coming up to a year old now, so due a clay...have you used a clay mitt, what do you reckon on them, I usually use standard clay, but considering a change after reading reviews.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi again Chris,

looking around the used cars, while waiting for new alloys to be fitted, I noticed quite a few with corrosion, some really bad. Can you give advice on what product I need to protect mine? So many products on the market, do you have any experience with any?

Thanks in advance

Pete

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi PeterThere are manymany products as you rightly point out
I use Carbon Collective Platinum Ceramic Sealant
Its a wheel off job....a thorough clean and degrease with Alcohol or panel wipe
Then a coat of this Sealer....Really easy to do and protects the alloys for up to 2 years
Buy here:
With a Bonus:

Please add this code at checkout to receive 7.5% Discount... DS375
T&C apply:

The code cannot be used with any other codes

http://www.bearswaxfactory.co.uk/ind...function=TERMS

Edited by: Chris

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guyon said:
Hi Chris, my DS is coming up to a year old now, so due a clay...have you used a clay mitt, what do you reckon on them, I usually use standard clay, but considering a change after reading reviews.

Thanks
Hi again
I use a Farecla Clay Mitt (Available at Halfords)
Use a QD as the lubricant
You can hear the contamination coming off!!
Best on light contamination...I would use a pucker clay bar on heavy contamination
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/clay-bars-detailing-products/farecla-g3-body-prep-clay-mitt

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Chris, thanks you have confirmed my plan.I also purchased a nilfisk after you recommended it to another member..its a really good piece of kit, although I didn't realize the nozzle was not adjustable, so had the purchase the car wash one as I thought the two that came with it were a bit fierce..I am happy though as I don't have to fiddle with it every time.
Please stop recommending products as I keep spending!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry...I cant help it...LOLAt least you will get no nonsense sensible advice from me
I'm not OCD/Anal about products and their use like some are in other forums

Now get a Forum sticker bought!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chris said:
Hi PeterThere are manymany products as you rightly point out
I use Carbon Collective Platinum Ceramic Sealant
Its a wheel off job....a thorough clean and degrease with Alcohol or panel wipe
Then a coat of this Sealer....Really easy to do and protects the alloys for up to 2 years
Buy here:
With a Bonus:

Please add this code at checkout to receive 7.5% Discount... DS375
T&C apply:

The code cannot be used with any other codes

http://www.bearswaxfactory.co.uk/ind...function=TERMS

Thanks Chris, out of stock at the moment but it looks ideal

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Chris,

My new DS4 Crossback is all set for delivery next week... my question is, having declined the dealer's kind offer to "protect" it, what products should I be using to do that myself? I've already got the Carbon Collective Sealant for the wheels, but what should I be doing with the paintwork?

Thanks!
John

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi John
It will need to be degreased with a wash of All Purpose cleaner or Traffic Film Remover...diluted 50%
Pressure wash away

Then spray Iron Out or similar and Pressure wash off

Clay can be used but Ive never seen much to remove ona new car...so no need

Dry
Wipe with a cloth sprayed with IPA or PrePaint type product..CarPro Eraser and Gyeon Prep are ones I have

Then apply a sealant as a base or a Pre Wax product.....and then wax on top if you want...(after an hour to allow it to bond)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the advice Chris, it's much appreciated. All I need now is some good weather next weekend to get it done, and I'll put some pics up afterwards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts