Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few days I’ve notice a clunking sound it should like coming from from but near passenger side? I’ve looked and nothing lose? Any idea what it’s is-

love my DS4 airdream had it for 2yrs and no problem!

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Antiroll bar links are the usual.

Beyond that then you have lower balljoint, lower arm bushes, track rod end, top mount bearing, spring.
They are all quite often difficult to identify with the car on the ground as many parts are under tension due to the weight of the car or how it's sitting. You might need some jacking up or crowbar on the joints to move them.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Actually the ARBs on mine dont seem to last long, they are starting to go again, third time now, so last about 20k miles it appears. It could just be our roads are so bad that they get more than their fair share of abuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, it booked in for MOT/Service in few weeks anyways so hopefully I can hold on till then ? It’s a shame it’s a fab car well apart from gear 3/4 lol need to up grade to automatic :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you, it booked in for MOT/Service in few weeks anyways so hopefully I can hold on till then ? It’s a shame it’s a fab car well apart from gear 3/4 lol need to up grade to automatic :)
Did you get the knocking noise resolved? Have mine going in next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get the knocking noise resolved? Have mine going in next week.
Yes mine was the spring - as I went to reverse and it went- (luckily I was in a garage for something else lol) then 2weeks later the driver spring had cracked but in a different place!
I blame all these pot holes! There costing us driver a fortune.
Good luck 🤞

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes mine was the spring - as I went to reverse and it went- (luckily I was in a garage for something else lol) then 2weeks later the driver spring had cracked but in a different place!
I blame all these pot holes! There costing us driver a fortune.
Good luck 🤞
Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Mines been noisey for a few months but is booked in now. I've never had this kind of issue on a car, especially under 50k miles, so suspect it's a weak design flaw on these.

Thanks for the update, hope all remains well for years ahead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts