Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my DS4 now for 14 months, and find it very good looking. I bought it primarily because at the time they were discounted by £5k, now I understand.I test drove a 1.6 Diesel, but bought a petrol, there seems to be a BIG difference in the pedal configuration, so much so that now I find I can longer feel safe driving the car and am looking to change. The reason being that the clutch pedal is too high, and to heavy, like using a calf press machine at the gym! Not only that it is difficultif not virtuallyimpossible to get foot from pedal to footrest and back quickly, this totally does away with a swift gear change so it is very hard work in town, in fact it wears you out. There is also the safety factor if you have your foot on the rest and need to operate an emergency stop, there is a very real danger of the foot not making it to clutch pedal in time, as it is not a question of sliding foot over, one has to physically raise ones leg.

It's got to go, has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
95 Posts
How tall are you ? I'm 6'1" and don't have a problem as you describe. Granted I've got adiesel, but, can't see that making much of a difference to pedal location and height.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't find it an issue with the DS4 diesel, but I remember being annoyed that the clutch pedal was so high on the older C4 a few years ago. Lifting your foot onto the clutch rather than sliding across was annoying, but I did get used to it after a few weeks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Perhaps you should change it for an EGS model, thus doing away with the clutch pedal entirely.

After 6 years with an EGS (first a C4, now the DS4) I can't imagine going back to driving a manual as I always hated using the clutch in heavy traffic. It's bad enough when I have to drive a manual courtesy car when mine's in for a service or when I have a hire car abroad (at least if I go to the USA the hire cars are always automatic).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts