Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2.0 HDI d sport sometimes on cold mornings the car dont always start 1st time. is this normal or do i need to get glow plugs check

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get the rough idle for a second or two as well. only happens sometimes my be it normal.does anyone else have the same thing happen?

Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
95 Posts
My 1.6 Hdi has started not too badly down to -7 so far this winter. Gets a good run to and from work, so it should cope without any issue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have 1.6 hdi peugeot and that ok. my ds4 2.0 only does it sometimes. only gets used on a 40 mile trip to work once a week its only done 8000 miles. i think i get dealer to check it when i get the bonnet changed next week.

Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think there may be a problem beyond the glow plugs if the engine runs rough once it starts.As long as you wait until the glow plugs have reached the starting temperature ie when the dash light goes out,it should start ok if the engine compression is good and fuel air input is ok.If it doesn't run smooth even for a short time there may be some issue with the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cars been in dealers since last monday for new bonnet and to be checked over like i said its only done it a couple off times. not happy with dealer looks like next week before i get it back. still i have a new ds3 bluehdi which is nice might consider as my next car

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can monitor the starting and if it gets worse then take it in.It would be beneficial for the dealer to have it overnight so they can check it when it's cold.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Normally starts 1st time and runs fine.hope to get back monday told them to check it out while they have it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still getting rough idle on cold start sometimes.Had it check by dealer but still not happy also top mount seems to move a lot when starting. Does anyone have the same happen on there 2.0 HDI.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had a rough idle on cold start a few times, but has happened so rarely in the 2 years I've had the car that I couldn't even say when the last time was. I asked the dealer when I had it serviced last year and they said it was probably because of not allowing the glow plugs time to heat up when starting the car, much as Dchevron has already said above. I haven't noticed a lot of movement in the top engine mount, though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just come back from another dealers had top mount checked which is ok told me to give it a couple off second longer after glow plug light goes out then start it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts