Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most popular colour for the DS4? (Looking at DStyle e-HDi Auto)

My dealer is going to check what is about on both the new stock and the Weekly Tuseday closed auctions, but we are undecided on colour

I quite like the Hickory Brown - it's different, and I reckon suits the style of the DS4, however the OH is not keen on it. Is it a 'Grower' of a colour?
She also is not keen on the Silver (nor am I), or the 2 greys (don't mind them one way or other myself)
Blue is also a non-starter for her.

Which leaves Red, Black or White.....

We are not sure if White totally suits the car (think it may be the large black front area?);
Black I am thinking makes it less 'special' but can't explain how

Which maybe leaves us with Red as the favourite.

Any comments gratefully received as we are hoping to have a car to order within the next week - either used for immediate supply, or new from stock for September registration.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hickory brown will be different not seen that many, Pearlescent white comes up popular on here which is what I have, Mines a DSport and the colour made the 19 inch rims stand out a mile, plus it easy to clean, it also makes the all it's features like trim stand out, but each to there own. Which ever you decide post some pics we all like a gander and new wheels

Ps You have made the right decision to buy a DS4 Edited by: Ben.greenaway

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got the black but like the hickory brown not seen many around the black white and red are very popular

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

My RAV4 was Pearlescent White and looked fab in the sunlight when it was clean. We also have a Suzuki Swift in flat White (and I also have a white van!).
I've noticed there are a load of tiny little bugs that seem to be attracted to white cars (none of the other non-white cars have them on, but the swift and van are covered in them!)

I think Red or White will be the likely colours. In White, I think the car needs the side rubbing strips to match the front lower grill section to kind of balance it. If the OH liked (or even just didn't dislike) the Hickory Brown, that would be a real contender as it suits the unconventional style of the DS4.
TBH was not even really aware of the DS4 until yesterday until we went to a Citroen dealer to just see what they had (didn't know what to get!) and saw a hickory one on the forecourt and that kind of just ticked the boxes instantly. So target budget blown apart big time but in reality anything less then a DStyle level spec would have been a big downgrade after a fully loaded RAV4 (and really would need the DSport in fact, but I like the idea of the e-HDi Airdream)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I suspect ( but this is my gut feeling) the most common/popular colour is pearl white, as yellow with black roof is most common for DS3

·
Registered
312 Posts
rich.cath said:
I suspect ( but this is my gut feeling) the most common/popular colour is pearl white, as yellow with black roof is most common for DS3
White is very popular with any make and model at the moment ' its a fashion thing started I believe by the tv show TOWIE .A few years ago white cars were known in the car trade as 90 day cars because that's how long they took to sell . Now white adds value !

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thought I would 'close the circle' on this thread by confirming my colour choice

Pearlescent White

Rich. DS3 in Yellow with Black roof most common combo? I saw one yesterday actually, but don't think seen that colour before!
not sure if it is a Citroen available combo, but the day we signed on the dotted line for the DS4, we saw a Renault Captur in a kind of Burnt Orange with Black roof. Looked really good we thought and would suit the DS3 very nicely (the Suzuki Swift are also done with contrasting roof options and look cool!)
I wonder what the DS4 would look like with a contrasting roof colour?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hoovie said:
Thought I would 'close the circle' on this thread by confirming my colour choice

Pearlescent White

Rich. DS3 in Yellow with Black roof most common combo? I saw one yesterday actually, but don't think seen that colour before!
not sure if it is a Citroen available combo, but the day we signed on the dotted line for the DS4, we saw a Renault Captur in a kind of Burnt Orange with Black roof. Looked really good we thought and would suit the DS3 very nicely (the Suzuki Swift are also done with contrasting roof options and look cool!)
I wonder what the DS4 would look like with a contrasting roof colour?
4 owners more sophisticated

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2l sport in whisper purple. Continually get comments from people who see it for the first time. All of them are impressed. Only the other day a guy in front of me at the petrol station walked back to me and asked what colour it was. In certain lights it looks Black. He was very impressed. On the subject of the Brakes. I have owned many makes and models over the years but the brakes on the DS4 are head and shoulders above anything I have previously owned. I just hope that in the event of me having to brake suddenly the car behind me is a DS4.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wish that whisper had been in offer when I was buying mine, love that colour, seen such at the dealer's the other day and fell in love with it , looks great in the sun and in the shade, coulour is different in different lights, imagine whisper purple and beige leather interior, cockpit and the seats to match...

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like silver as its a colour that never dates (or, perhaps, excites), after owning a purple C4 Picasso for 3 years we wouldn't have gone for Whisper Purple if it was an option (you can see all scratches on our old car as Citroen paint quality isn't the best...), if I were buying new then I'd be tempted by Babylon Red which looks lovely but, for reasons only Citroen would ever understand, you can't have it with Habana interior (red and brown look superb) but as the interior looks fantastic (and that's the bit you look at most) I'd compromise on the exterior colour so go with silver or Nera Black.

Shame we can't have the Habana leather dashboard on RHD cars though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
We all have our own preferences when it comes down to it. I am really happy with my new DS4 in Whisper Purple ' which I understand is one of the most popular colours in the DS4 range. When you look on the second hand DS4 's currently available you don't see many in Whisper Purple ? The most common colours are silver, white and black. Anyway I am happy with mine and the only issue I can foresee is keeping it clean at this time of the year�„ï¸�'¦˜”ï¸�

1 - 20 of 25 Posts