Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, potential DS4 1.6 200THP buyer here,
is there a list of the common faults on the forum?
I did find these listed by AMP

Early corrosion on diamond alloys
Rusting under the front bonnet
Bluetooth phone issues
Sat nav issues/ postcode lookup
Hesitation/misfiring on Diesel engines
Disc brake warping/bearing issues
High tyre wear
Temp sensor/coolant draining
driveshaft/cv joints

I am looking at a 2011 1.6 200THP for around 10 grand, Ive just got rid of an A3 with the terrible stronic gearbox so manuals for me! so am I mad buying ot of warranty ?
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS
ive read the 1.6 200THP does around 40 mpg on a run, anyone tell me what theirs does round town?
thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi and welcome

I wouldn't say you are mad buying out of warranty - the model you are looking at won't suffer the 'misfire' issue but does seem to be more susceptible to coolant leaks; I don't believe the Cairns wheels suffer from the problems the 18" wheels do and the leading edge of the bonnet will likely get aupport outside of the 3 year warranty as its corrosion based. Bluetooth seems to only affect later cars without sat nav but with DAB, cv joints may cause a problem but its not the end of the world; all cars will cost money at some point, even my A2 which is a paragon of reliability (touch wood...) occasionally needs some money spending on it!

I'd say go for it, but then I am biased and having experienced S-Tronic (and seen the amount of out of warranty claims) I can see why you have sold it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts