Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I decide to join the " group" because I just bought a Ds4 and I have a issue. I noticed that the car has side lights bulbs but I can t put them working, does anyone could explain me why?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
544 Posts
If that should be 'can't stop them working', the side lights are actually the LED's that look like a boomerang on the bumper; the light that's constantly illuminated in the headlight housings is the DRL's (even though most cars have DRL's that are a strip).

To have no lights on;
Turn the auto headlights 'off'
Go into the 'menu' via the stereo, select 'vehicle prameters', click on 'external lighting' and deselect 'daytime running light'

You should now have no exterior lights on/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After all they were working, i just realize they only work at day. Do you think there is will be any problem if I change them for 2 led canbus? P21w ?

Thanks anyway

·
Registered
470 Posts
DoomWolf said:
The only ones I've changed are the DRLs to those LED ones and the rear numberplate bulbs also for LEDs (those ones are a real bugger to change).
Do you have a before/after pics to show how the LEDs work? Getting convinced to go LED too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did take some before and after photos, but I think they're still on my camera so I'll try and remember to download them to my computer.

The difference the LEDs make though, is huge. The standard DRLs are very yellow and contrast with the LED sidelight strips. The LED DRL bulbs are a nice white colour that match the sidelights perfectly and look a lot better and more modern.

·
Registered
86 Posts
There's no effect on the main headlight beam as that's an entirely separate bulb.

They replace the DRL bulbs in the headlight cluster. The LED strips in the bumper are the sidelights. I guess that Citroen's design is so that the LED sidelight strips remain unchanged when the headlights are on, without them having to drop their brightness level (as happens on the DS3). The DRLs switch off when the headlights are activated.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The light system in the DS4 is a bit messy. The best solution would be bigger, especially wider and much stronger LED DRLs placed much higher on the sides in comparison to where they are now instead of those yellowish DRLs in the main unit. Similar solution can be seen in the new models of Hyundai. Dont you think that way it would be better, easier and nicer??

Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
470 Posts
thanks, definately a change for the better, the DRL in LEDs make a perfect match with the LEDs sidelights , a nice little upgrade but still it makes you happy, doesn't it? ;-)

Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
470 Posts
bixo_papao said:
Well the bulbs arrive now just need to put them? Is it easy? Or better to ask a mechanic to do it?
Iis a DIY kind of thing unless you've got two left hands ;-)
Look into your manual, there you'll find very precise info how to get to the bulb, how to remove the old one and how to insert the new one; following the instructions you cant do it wrong, have fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Checked the link to Ebay and retailing at £20 has anyone found them cheaper? I checked Amazon and it doesn't mention error free? Has anyone fitted the Cree bulbs and are they described as error free? The reason I'm asking is I tried led rear bulbs in my Mazda MX5 and an error displayed on the dash as it requires a resistor. Multiple errors came up including a brake error. That would have meant fitting a resistor with a heat sink which wouldn't have gained any power savings. I also had problems with replacement SMD front side lights where only one bulb was found to be working when I ordered twice from abroad. Arnold Clarke Mazda failed the MOT as one bulb had failed and that drew their attention to the fact the side light was white thus brighter and not standard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.