Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Confusion over daylight running lights.

12K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Rev G 
#1 ·
I'm confused. I thought the daylight running lights were the LED lights around the fogs?But when I switch the option on from the menu, it's the side lights that switch on.
So, I have switched that option back off again.
Which means that...
When lights are off, no front lights are on at all.
When switched to side lights only the LED lights appear (no sides).

I'll check the manual when I get a moment, but I'm beginning to think my DS4 has some electrical issues when combined with the parking brake fault I mentione in another post. :/

#2 ·
DSFour,
You are not alone. If you look at previous threads it has been discussed numerous times.

Somebody needs to clarify this once and for all.

I will try and explain.....

On the DS3 and DS5 models you are correct the DRLs are the LEDs. But being Citroen you cannot do the same thing twice so the DS4 is different.

The LEDs are the sidelights, hence any changes to menu on DRLs will not affect the outcome on these lights.

The DRLs on this car are small standard bulbs next to headlights (varies slightly if you have Xenons or not). It is simply a normal P21/5w bulb (old fashioned 21w brake light and 5w side light bulb, old cars had in rear light cluster).

When DRLs on but side lights not the 21w bulb lights up, when you switch your side/main lights on the 5w bulb should be on (but Citroen hav'nt wired it up- so no light, even though bulb technically on).

Not sure why this layout, other than to give impact (LEDs always showing), to differentiate car from standard C4?

You can change the P21/5w bulb for an LED one - they are sold on ebay.

NOTE - get one with CANBUS built in(this stops computer registering errors from low voltage bulbs) and make sure it is a P21/5w D15 fitting (offset pins) otherwise won't fit. But changing is straight forward - remove old buld and replace with new.

Hope this clarifies your concern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.