Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change my car and the local dealer has suggested a DS4 2 litre diesel. After reading reviews and watching some videos I am uncertain. The sportiness of the looks and interior really appeal to me but all the talk of the harsh ride is putting me off. Is it true? I live in south wales where roads, while improving, are not great. Is it going to be a problem? I do also need a decent car for motorway as i want to visit family a lot, but they live near Scotland! So comfort is needed

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think the press comments over the ride are a touch alarmist to say the least.

Ours has 18" wheels and I've never found the ride an issue, and that is coming from a comfy C4 Picasso on 16" wheels - we are in the Lake District at the moment and the ride is excellent on back roads - as for motorway cruising we've done France already, Cornwall and the lakes all in complete comfort.

I don't regret buying the DS4 for a moment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The ride is fine.My only gripe is the gearbox. Feels like a bag of spanners.
Even so, still enjoy the car. May even get another one when the lease expires in 6 months.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go for a test drive. I expected a hard ride having read some of the press reports, but when I went for a test drive I found the ride was perfectly okay and much better than the ride in the current Mazda 3 that I also test drove on the same day. I think that much of the press has a bias in favour of German cars and Ford, with French cars generally criticised rather than praised. I have had my 2.0Hdi automatic for only 6 weeks, but in that time I have driven 1200 miles on all sorts of road. The car has a stiffer suspension than my previous soft riding Citroen C5, but is significantly softer than a FIAT Punto Sport that I owned a few years ago. I find it a comfortable ride, but have a test drive and see what you think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. My local dealer is getting one in by the middle of next week for me to test. Judging by what he says and the responses here, it should be exactly what I'm after

·
Registered
66 Posts
One thing I would add is that there seems to be a difference in ride between the different models of the DS4. I have a DStyle which has the 18 inch wheels, whereas the DSport has 19 inch wheels and you will see that the majority of the press reports are based on the DSport, which is the top model. With 19 inch wheels and with lower profile tyres, the Dsport will have a firmer ride than the DStyle and the DSign (base model) will be softer still, having 17 inch wheels. It may be worth clarifying which model the dealer is getting for your test drive.

Edited by: PaulE

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a Dsport much nowhere near as firm as my previous Civic, and it looks soooo much better than the other models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchasing my 12 plate Hdi 160 D sport next week. Car look amazing but I'm a little uneasy about some of the negative comments the DS4 has received. I would like to know if I have made a wise choice? What are main points I should watch out for?
Looking for advice. Also car does not have DAB radio. Would like to have it, but is it necessary? Also is there a cheap way to get DAB radio using a USB dongle?Edited by: Dazzler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just updating for you guys. I did eventually buy a pre-owned DS4 DStyle, 12 Reg Pearlescent White. Can't believe i doubted it. Lovely car. Quick, economic and fun to drive, and those seats! Wow. I am now recommending it to everyone i know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts