Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

After around 7,000 km's it seems that it has become time to top up my coolant, it's approaching the low mark. I had a look in the DS4 handbook which states in the coolant level section:

<h6 ="uistreammessage="" userwrapper"="" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; font-weight: normal; line-height: 14px; ">""Ž"The coolant must conform to the manufacturer's recommendations"</h6><h6 ="uistreammessage="" userwrapper"="" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; font-weight: normal; line-height: 14px; ">
</h6><h6 ="uistreammessage="" userwrapper"="" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; ">Well doneCitroën that was very helpfulinformation:p Other than mywarrantee bookletI don't have any other booklets which state what fluid's I should use. Did anyone else get any other booklets which contains this information?</h6><h6 ="uistreammessage="" userwrapper"="" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; ">
</h6><h6 ="uistreammessage="" userwrapper"="" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; ">Any ideas on what coolant(s) I can put in the car?</h6><h6 ="uistreammessage="" userwrapper"="" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; ">
</h6><h6 ="uistreammessage="" userwrapper"="" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; ">Richcy.</h6>

Edited by: richcy

·
Registered
551 Posts
I can't find anything in the bookIs there a sticker under the bonnet that tells you?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chud786 said:
I can't find anything in the bookIs there a sticker under the bonnet that tells you?

I didn't look there
- will take a look tomorrow!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the same problem. At6800km coolant ran low. Nothing in themanual of the make and compound needed. Was desperate and a sunday afternoon when dealerships was closed. I poped in standard Shell coolant from the fuel station.Filled itupto the suggested mark. Been 4 weeks now and no warnings have come up yet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine done nearly 8000km , no problem with low coolant despite running at 33 deg Celcius daily.
As with my previous Citroens, there were no problems using Shell or Esso coolant available off shelf from the respective petrol stations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts