Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after having had a DS4 for about 7 months now just wondering if anybody else has noticed a creaking noise that seems to be coming from either the rear seats or just behind? Thought maybe the seat was loose but that is not the case. sounds similar to if the rear door wasn't properly shut but it is, so if anybody has any ideas or suggestions please as it is so annoying at times.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I noticed a rattling sound and found out the seat belt buckle was hitting the plastic on the side of the seat, just pushed the seat belt up so it's on the leather and all is good,hope it helps

·
Registered
86 Posts
I get exactly the same thing. It appears to come from the rear passenger side and mostly happens if the road is a bit bumpy. I thought it was the rear seat being loose and releasing and resetting the seat in position has sometimes helped, but it still does it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I get this also and have found that if you pull the rear seat belts out and click them into their buckles it seems to go away, hope this helps, it has for me so far

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,I have the exact same problem..........I think it comes from ill fitting rear door and/or ill fitting boot lid. There are marks on the paintwork where they fit against the body work on both the rear doors and also the passenger side boot. Going to get the dealer to have a look when the car goes in for the bonnet rust sorting next week. I was worried about electrical issues when I bought the DS4,turns out the bodywork is the issue!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same problem / noise. I have buckled the seat belts and this didn't cure it as such, although lessened it somewhat. The other thing that I looked at was the rear parcel shelf rocking in its housing. I have put some rubber around it but my DS4 is away getting bonnet sprayed under warranty, so haven't been very far to see if it has helped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:D I have exactly the same problem. So much so I currently have no parcel shelf or spare wheel cover to test where it is coming from. It is like a knocking noise more than rattle and already tried the seat belt trick, no joy. Still no idea where it is coming from, so in it goes next week I guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the same! Thought at first it was a tupperware box rattling around in the boot but I took that out and the noise stayed. In for 1st annual service next week i'll ask them to check it out

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just to update you, the rubber around the "lugs" on the parcel shelf seems to have cured the problem (for now) as I got in the car this morning and it was eerily quiet! Let's hope that it is cured as it was a really cheap fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive got the same issue. I have fastened the belt buckles, Ive removed the parcel shelf, Ive removed the compressor from under the boot floor and it still happens. Not sure if everyone is the same but I thought it was coming from under the boot floor and though it might be a loose exhaust clip.It seems to get better as the caris running for longer.
This might sound weird but the fact its not just my car makes me feel better.

Ive had it 10 days and its going back in on Mondaybecause of that and a few other little niggly issues. See what answer they give and I'll post a update incase it helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have rattles coming from the rear seats, I think it is where the seat aligns to the striker, when someone sits in the rear the noise is gone so going to try and set the seats myself to see if this improves things, both sides for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a rattling from the back seats. Checked everything from parcel shelf to contents of boot cavity where the spare wheel would be. Nothing. Checked by slamming the rear seats shut and that cured it for a while but it came back.Last weekend I lowered both rear seats and wrapped some padded tape*around the eyes which the seats lock into. I slammed the seats shut and, 630 miles later, I have had nothing but blissful silence.
*Tape I bought was padded double sided tape from Home & Bargain - 75p for two rolls and I needed only about15 or so centimetres.

This fix worked for me as I will rarely lower my seats but I'm just passing on what worked for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had what seemed to be the leather seats rubbing together when I noticed the drivers side one was a little loose. Seems to have gone away now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Saints67 said:
I had a rattling from the back seats. Checked everything from parcel shelf to contents of boot cavity where the spare wheel would be. Nothing. Checked by slamming the rear seats shut and that cured it for a while but it came back.Last weekend I lowered both rear seats and wrapped some padded tape*around the eyes which the seats lock into. I slammed the seats shut and, 630 miles later, I have had nothing but blissful silence.
*Tape I bought was padded double sided tape from Home & Bargain - 75p for two rolls and I needed only about15 or so centimetres.

This fix worked for me as I will rarely lower my seats but I'm just passing on what worked for me.
after reading this, I put some electricians tape.. wow it works!! so thank you :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I solved my problem
with noise from rear of my car:

First I checked everything
in trunk and I have isolated potential problems with damping pad.

Then I checked and
fixed (a little better) my subwoofer.

Next step was buckle of
rear seatbelt that touched to the plastic part of car. I stuck damping pad
between buckle and plastic.

But main problem was in
rear trunk door
- in fixing of wiper motor to body and in two small plastic
holders of cable that emitted a noise. Maybe one released grip of plastic cover
of trunk door yet (for check the wiper motor and holders of cable I had to
removed the plastic cover of trunk door). Volition between motor (and holders)
and trunk door wasn't too big but enough for annoying noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi have you checked the inside of rear valance mine rattles and bumps .,if I tap it but driver side doesn't think it's the plastic trim , let me know if yours the same . Could be a clip or something broken

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem I put elastic bands around the parcel shelf lugs but still have noise in the back seat passenger side found if you push from the boot the back of the seat you will hear the noise the are anker point in the back if you put a widget in the anker point pushing the seat outer case forward the noise will stop suspect something loose inside the rear seat.g

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Widget?
What do you mean by Anchor Points?

·
Read Only
48 Posts
We have a DS4 Crossback.According to our dealer, Citroen have issued a "Technical Bulletin", covering the rear seat creaking. We had ours repaired under warranty, some weeks ago. It involves replacing both rear-seat catches and some trim.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts