DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a scarey moment crossing white lines?I don't know the technical term but when I cross the white lines,especially when accelerating hard for over taking,there is a momentary loss off control.It's like the car wants to follow the white line then suddenly grips the road again.
I don't know if it's the type of tyre or the size/profile but Ihaven't noticed this bad on other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think you are describing the tramlining effect,I had it happen to me a few weeks ago.Its when one or both front tyres drop in a slight rut in the road surface and try to follow it.If you drive on the motorway you can see grooves worn into the inside lane by hgv's and they can have the same effect especially if you are on a motor bike.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Yeah I think it's tramlining as I get it a fair bit too. It could also be a slight loss of traction because the white lines are wet and not as grippy.

Double check your tyre pressures are all ok as a precaution though.

I'm fairly sure it's tyre brand or size dependent as I've had it on and off on various cars over the years.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the replies

Tyre pressures should be ok I think,if the sensors are working.
It is quitedisconcerting when you give it a good boot to overtake and the car lurchesfrom side to side when you cross the white lines.
If it is because the lines are slippery then itdoesn'tbode well for winter!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like a mix of Tramlining and Torque steer, My old Punto GT used to do it like a bastard, The DS isn't so bad but it's notcable, especially in the wet...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a slip road I use each day and it can be scary
when it first happens. Every car I have driven has been affected to some
degree, although with skinner tyres less so! My DS4 has been fine but interestingly
has just started to be impacted since the temperature has dropped....perhaps
its time for those winter tyres!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts