Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over a big kerb in a car park and have dented the underside of the car. It's quite a big dent but being the Underside should be easy to match the paint work.
Not sure whether to go to a body shop or a smart repairer
Any thoughts
Bloody nightmare but my own thought

·
Registered
551 Posts
Must have been a BIG kerb!Is it the cill that's dented or the floor pan?
Depends how bad it is as to who repairs it,my personal choice would be a body shop.
Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would use a body shop. I used a Smart repair man once for a scratch on a bumper [silver] and I ended up having the whole bumper resprayed at a body shop becauseI really wasn't happy with the repair . I was told the Smart repair was ok on older cars where the finish didn't really matter . It was only about £20 cheaper as well . I want to say the company that did my repair wasn't Smart but that type of company .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a bloody massive kerb amazing I didn't,t see it. It's the cill that's damaged about a 9 inch dent plus a small chip on alloy.

So I got some quotes
Smart workshop £100 for wheel and £430 for bodywork
Body shop £675 all in

I thought stuff that I will do through insurance and went to Citroen main dealer. Whilst waiting for there accident repair man I called insurance company £350 excess, oh well

Know here is the amazing bit Citroen estimate £225 all in I am flabbergasted but very happy.

Booked in next Monday for 2 full days and I have a Loan car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts