Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just got this email from Citreon uk so its not the one to complain to they just pass the buck, There must be a better place to complain so maybe get something done?

Hi Peter,<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;"><br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">Thanks for your email about the few issues you have been experiencing with you DS4 Dstyle.<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;"><br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">The best person to speak to regarding this issue would be your local Citroën dealer, as they are technically trained to deal with technical queries. I do understand that you went to a dealer on the 23rd of September if you did not get the answer required then we do advice speaking to another dealer and hopefully they will be able to help with your query. you can find a dealer by accessing our webiste http://www.citroen.co.uk/contact-us/find-a-dealer/#/contact-us/find-a-dealer/. Am sorry I could not be of any help.<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;"><br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">Thanks again for getting in touch. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Who is or where is the best place to complain???

·
Registered
202 Posts
What good would going to a separate dealer do. Surely if 1 Citroen dealership can't help, then going to another 1 is gonna make a difference! Xx

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes thats what i thought and all the local citreon dealers round here are owned by the same company

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is that Evans Halshaw? That's who Cardiff belongs to. So it wouldn't matter where you took it, you'd get the same response! Hmmmm xxx

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi caz no it is wilmoths they have 6 branches i think and yes as you say ill get same response

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div ="stream-item-er" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; : rgb245, 245, 245;"><strong ="fullname js--pro-name show-popup-with-id" style="color: rgb0, 132, 180; text-decoration: underline;">Citroën UK[/b]""�@CitroenUK<small ="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb187, 187, 187; : relative; : right; margin-top: 1px;">1m</small>
@PETE Thanks Peter, someone from our customer care team will be in touch with you to discuss.
from twitter so lets see what happens

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@PETE Thanks Peter, someone from our customer care team will be in touch with you to discuss.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Caz1975 said:
Is that Evans Halshaw? That's who Cardiff belongs to. So it wouldn't matter where you took it, you'd get the same response! Hmmmm xxx
Caz

Have you had trouble with Evans Halshaw ? They own the dealership around here . Iused to think they were ok, but I'm having second thoughts mainly due to false advertising and trying to rip their customers off .Have a look on line at the bad reviews they are getting .

·
Registered
202 Posts
No complaints whatsoever. But I've had no problems with my car at all so I've had no reason to complain to them. I never look at online reviews as you'll always have bad feedback no matter what company you are. I tend to go by experience. And although before I bought my DS4, I'd never dealt with Evans Halshaw, I knew ppl who had and they had nothing but good things to say which is 1 of the reasons I went to them.
I live in Wales and they were happy to ship my car down from Sheffield for me as it was the only 2.0 in my price range. Xxx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev G said:
SBK mind you their service in Stoke in quite good, I had no complaints
Rev six months ago I would have agreed with you , but things are changing since they were taken over . I took my stepson down there to look at a Suzuki Swift they had , I have brought four or five cars from them and sort of know the sales manager , it had a price of £6200 on the screen but the salesman said they would charge another £95 to do a pre delivery check and a valet , no other dealers add it on after . We walked away . Then they now use call centers for everything, young kids on basic wage who don't know a thing about cars , they don't even know what dealership you are phoning . Their priceguarantee is noneexistent , on cars they can get out of it by saying its a different colour, different spec, mileage ect , but parts such as tyres are the same where ever you buy them ,but do they matchthe price NO !!!

Like I said Ibrought cars from them in the past and had no bother , they have got cars from another branch no bother but I wonderwhat would have happened if I had said I didn't want the car they had sourced .

I e-mailed them twice to complain about their call centers and never got a reply , so I think they have lost me as a customer .

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe that's the admin fee or vehicle status check! Most if not all places will charge you this, some just add it into the price of the car. That's my understanding of it! Xx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Caz1975 said:
I believe that's the admin fee or vehicle status check! Most if not all places will charge you this, some just add it into the price of the car. That's my understanding of it! Xx
Yeah ,that's what they call it ,butthe AA will do it for around £30 and you can get your car cleaned to Stoke's standard for £5 at the car wash down the road .If they want another £95 put it on the screen because lets face it when you are looking at buying a car £95 is nothing . Like I said I liked Stoke Citroen I think their service and parts deptsare very good but since Pentagon (or something like that) have taken over you can't talk to service because you get put through to a call center and your car isbooked inweather it needs ornot . Also I think they eat sales staff they seem to have different staff every time you go in .

I might have thought different if they had returned my calls or E-mails but they didn't so its like they are saying "we had your money now piss off " .

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
now been in contact with citreon uk and now waiting for call back on monday

but i do not hold my breath

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well just had another call from citreon uk and the man said that there is a update out for the bluethooth which has been out since sep tember 5. so car going in next week to get done and will see if any better.

regarding the auto tilt mirrors he said the the handbook covers all models and mine hasnt got it and it can not be added but he really could not give me a answer why some cars have and some dont so iam no better off.

maybe i should be a mind reader and guessed what the hand book says before i orded the car but my point is that it is not a option you can order or buy like the 3 leds near mirror not a option.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Apparently you can buy the tilt mirror pack. Though I didn't ask how much it would cost to buy and to get fitted. It's something you order when you buy the car new I think. I dunno. Mine is ex demo so I just had it as it came. SBK in Cardiff, it does say on the screen that there is a £100 admin fee. Xx

·
Registered
94 Posts
All dealers seem to charge the admin fee now.

When I bought mine they were waffling on about the PDI's needing to be done (I later found out it means Pre-Delivery Inspection).

Valet should be free and if you ask/tell them, they will usually give it a service free too. It costs them next to nothing and they're getting as sale out of it.

I think when they mentioned going to a different dealer it may be who is in the office at the time, as I've gone to the same dealer (for my previous car) and had a different level of service depending on who I spoke to and who was able to help at the time.

p.s. although it might be under warranty there's no harm in going to a kwikfit dealer and asking their advice.

I actually had a kwik fit dealer who had a master technician in at the time have a look at my old Clio and they charged me nothing for checking and telling me that what I thought was a leaking spark plug was actually just spilled oil from a service. They charged me nothing for it, so I think it all depends on the person who you speak to.

Edited by: Newkiebrown

1 - 20 of 20 Posts