Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May buck the trend a little but I have always had excellent service from Citroen at Broachill,Hutton Cranswick

My car has been in today to have the rear chrome trim on the bumper replaced and the side repeaters replaced(holding moisture) under warranty and the service was excellent.
It's been in before to have the E Myway sorted and unlike a few people on here it was sorted with one call to Citroen (while I waited)to establish a software update was required,car booked in and job done.
They did a warranty job on my DS3 with no problem or complaint and I didn't even buy it from them.

The staff are always polite,helpful and knowledgeable and the garage is clean and tidy with free coffee and TV if you have to wait.

Only one slight negative is C1 as a loan car

I don't understand why all garages can not be like this.It costs nothing to treat customers with respect,without customers they wouldn't have a business after all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My dealings with my local dealer have thus far been excellent. Polite/courteous and helpful.

Again I have forgotten to mention the boot up being slow so that will get another mention.

They helped me out too by collecting the car for it's repair under warranty (tomorrow) and then drop off. I'll hold off on any further judgement until it gets back to me.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Chud, I used to use Broach Hill for years when I lived north of river. Have to say had a mixed bag, sometimes brilliant sometimes poor - hopefully they have improved permanently, saying that they were NEVER as bad as Scutnhorpe one!!Only stopped using them because of distance for me, to travel.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Must admit I find Evans Halshaw in Stoke very good, polite and efficient, I reckon theyve improved much since the days of Reg Vardy who were taken over by Halshaws. I'll give them 8.5 /10

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev G said:
Must admit I find Evans Halshaw in Stoke very good, polite and efficient, I reckon theyve improved much since the days of Reg Vardy who were taken over by Halshaws. I'll give them 8.5 /10
I use the same dealer as Rev .
I've had three cars from there and always found them ok .

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev G said:
Iuse the same dealer as Rev.
I've had three cars from there and never had any problem with their service .

·
Registered
472 Posts
I use cookswell in bedlington, the sales is fantastic, the car is in for its first free service (got 3 free services as part of the deal) I will let you know how it goes after the 25th although I have no doubt they will be spot on. I have no problems to report, the car has never missed a beat in its first year

·
Registered
395 Posts
Rev,The nub of the argument should be - is it the dealers who are rubbish, or Citroen, or both?
If its the dealers - why are so many rubbish, are Citroen a bit quick to sign up Arthur Daley dealers?
If its Citroen - they need a slap, they produce good cars and ruin it for a bit of aftercare, and will therefore never break the VW grip.
If it is both - they are doomed Mr Mainwaring!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Perhaps customers who receive bad service from the dealers don't contact Citroen and complainso Citroen are blissfully unaware that some dealers are crap!
On the flip side when they receive good service they don't either!
I know I'm guilty of the latter

It's not only Citroen every car manufacturer has good and bad dealers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
After I have visited my dealer I always get a call a couple
Of days later from customer service to ask if I received satisfaction during my visit. My other half has a Ford and to be honest they are far worse than Citroen, especially for after sales.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Chud - in my defence, I did contact Citroen direct, twice and they were NOT interested, only when bad publicity ensued.I do think the dealer in Scunthorpe is rubbish though, as I have had 3 different Citroens go wrong over last 3 years and they took weeks with each one. Firstly a Grand Picasso - 2 months and 6 visits/repairs, threatened through Motability, suddenly cured. Second a Xsara Picasso 6 weeks and a new £1700 ECU later cured, but they did'nt know why! And the DS4 5 months and national magazine publicity.
People locally do NOT like them and try to avoid them, even the breakdown lorries! If there was another dealer within practical easy reach I would go

PS i have a cabrio Smart and it goes to MercedesLincoln or Hull for servicing, now this is NOT cheap, but the service is out of this world.
They collect and return - leaving another Smart for you,
Or they always have a courtesy car available
they state a time and the car is ready for you
They always wash and valet it
If you go to garage they have leather settees, sky and free quality coffee and biscuits.
And they always smile.
They say you pay for what you get but Citroen charge nearly as much and offer none of that.

Edited by: rich.cath

·
Registered
395 Posts
Chud!How could you miss my 15 mins of fame.
Issue 1272 of AutoExpress if you are interested, as if you did'nt know!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts