Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Funny you bring this up.

I should be picking up my DS4 DStyle tomorrow. I orderd it back at the end of March.

In the time it took to process, build/deliver the car. Citroen decided to raise the spec of the radio, to a DAB one.

Great, I hear you say, but this added another 50 notes on to the car, which I suppose is better than the 250 - 300 for the DAB upgrade kit they do.

Of course, my thoughts are they have done this, as they are little behind the times, as many other lower price car/spec have a DAB car radio stereo as STANDARD, and they have got fed up of customers pointing this out to them.

Also this is another point for later re-sale etc, which is to their benefit.

However, I do slightly balk at paying this. Afterall, they decided to change/up the spec.

Considering my car was already ordered etc, I dont think I should have to pay really, considering they even try to charge for rubber mats!

What do you guys think.

Of course car compaines do this all time.

I suppose I should be grateful, but it means I have hadto find another 50 quid, which I could spent on other goodies for the car.

Afterall in real terms, how much does the DAB cost, not that I much I suspect, and how much really will I use it.

IF enough people think this wrong, then I might write a letter of complaint to Citroen UK, asking for the money.

But if you already have a radio and it works, I wouldnt bother.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine arrived last month with DAB radio, and we are unable to use the bluetooth due to nobody being able to hear us talk, as the mic quality is so bad!

Also when you make a call the radio sound does not come back until you restart the car. The dealer had it for 2 days last week and still cannot fix it. They also said 3 more people with DAB radios have the same problem.

Make sure that you make a call and check that the other person can hear you.

RgdsEdited by: lazyboy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can't say really, only got the car on Saturday, so not really tested it out.

Although don't make many calls on the phone in the car anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Bluetooth Phone , Just got my Dstyle on tuesday and no one can understand a word i say on the car bluetooth, sound is garbled on out going. incomming sound is fine. spoke to dealer who looked unconvinced , car is booked in in 2 weeks. seems their are sofware issues with the new dab radio but the dealer was staying shtum

·
Registered
29 Posts
Still waiting for mine to be fixed, they want the car back again.
I rang citroen uk to report the fault and have got a case number.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got an email from my local Citroen dealer with regards after market DAB radio, was thinking about having it fitted but the cheapest is £260 and most expensive £380 fitted.. not so sure now!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts