Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our ds4 prestige today excited to get on with the mirror link and car play.

The wife uses apple and I use android on a new s7 edge.
The car has both car play and mirror link.

I connect the iPhone boom it recognises it and brings the phone interface on the dash all very cool and it's superb to make calls texts and Spotify ect.

When I connect the Samsung it just won't graft no idea why in the settings on my phone I have mirror link but can't get the two to pair and work as the I phone.

Any help is much appreciated before I have to go back to iPhone and cost myself some money lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
To try using your android as a phone just make sure Bluetooth is on and pair it with the car. I'm not sure if android phones need USB to work with mirror link.
I'll have to check tomorrow.

[edit]
The info for Mirrorlink is on page 362 of the handbook. It says to enable Bluetooth and pair it with the car and connect the phone via USB. I don't know if it means it does it's connection through Bluetooth and uses USB to be sure the phone is powered, or if some of the functionality is via USB.
I'll try it out on my Prestige when I can. (I have a Moto 4G)Edited by: neilp

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to do anything when I select Mirrorlink. I am able to use Bluetooth and with my phone paired it shows Contacts on the 7" screen, I have also received calls while on the move.
As yet I don't see the point in Mirrorlink, perhaps it depends on which app you have installed.
Perhaps someone else may be able to help you better.Edited by: neilp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou for your help and taking the time to look into it. I rang D's customer service today would you believe that Thier is only a select few android phones available to use mirrorlink.

A s7 edge not one of them but a S5 can strange that a real old phone can but it's newer version cant. The phone has the option as you mentioned above but it's something to do with Samsung licence ect basically I'm now awaiting a new iPhone from 02 due to the s7 being faulsely advertised with mirror link. And when someone has took the time to look into it they have fell over and said send the phone back and we will get you a iPhone 7 to replace it. The phones 2 months old but hey if they are willing to do that 10 points for 02.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I failed and subsequently gave up trying to get my S7 to work via the suggested USB cable
I now use a USB stick with all our Music on it
I dont need it for anything else. Why would I?
The car has Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts