Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone fitted a dash cam to their car? I'm looking at a few on Amazon however they all look rather bulky and intrusive stuck to the windscreen. The DS4 has the rain/light sensor and track for the front sun visor obscuring the view already without a dash cam bracket as well. There is a small camera available without a screen which might do the job. The other issue is where to take the power and hiding the power lead if using the fuse box. Has anyone taking a supply from the interior lights and is it a neat solution without damaging the plastic? Using the interior light supply would avoid running a long length of cable around the windscreen.

After recently replacing the electonic handbrake switch I'm feeling more confident about removing plastic panels

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Ive thought about that too JamesLooks like it will be very easy with something like a Blackvue
I have one in my MX-5 but I'm thinking of fitting it to the DS4 instead

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a Blackvue in the VRS. Can't see her wanting to spend that amount of money on one. So wasn't sure if anyone had an idea on what else fits

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Ill do a search and see whats out there
Edited by: Chris

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a Transcend DrivePro 220 :)

It's honestly an amazing camera. It sort of sits behind the bulky rear view mirror so it doesn't really obstruct my view. It comes with a 5 metre lead which I've poked inside the trim all the way to the 12v in the boot. The only place you can see the cable is where it crosses the pillar between the windscreen and the front passenger door.

·
Registered
395 Posts
ditto danlock92 I have just fitted a Transcend 220 after a major road rage incident 2 weeks ago. It is quite small so not intrusive on windscreen, has a full HD camera - which a lot of the cheap ones do not!! ~So beware, no point in purchasing one if the pictures are not clear, or number plates cannot be read..

I fitted mine just below the auto sensor so sits below my rear view mirror, does not really obscure windscreen, but higher up behind the rear view mirror, you lost some view for the big auto rain sensor.
It comes with a long cable so also ran from rear socket under lining until the fromt.
Has lots of extras including GPS so also logs your location after incident - most cheaper ones do not, you have to buy a separate GPS sensor. Also lanne departure warning system, collision warning system, emergency location finder - if you break down can tell breakdown firm exactly where you are.
Cost £92 from Halfords - on offer, normally £129.

·
Registered
126 Posts
rich.cath said:
ditto danlock92 I have just fitted a Transcend 220 after a major road rage incident 2 weeks ago. It is quite small so not intrusive on windscreen, has a full HD camera - which a lot of the cheap ones do not!! ~So beware, no point in purchasing one if the pictures are not clear, or number plates cannot be read..

I fitted mine just below the auto sensor so sits below my rear view mirror, does not really obscure windscreen, but higher up behind the rear view mirror, you lost some view for the big auto rain sensor.
It comes with a long cable so also ran from rear socket under lining until the fromt.
Has lots of extras including GPS so also logs your location after incident - most cheaper ones do not, you have to buy a separate GPS sensor. Also lanne departure warning system, collision warning system, emergency location finder - if you break down can tell breakdown firm exactly where you are.
Cost £92 from Halfords - on offer, normally £129.

God dammit I paid £129!! :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fitted mine behind the mirror on the passenger side so I cant see it and it doesn't distract me.Used a piggyback fuse holder and wired in to fuse box using a female for cig lighter so I didn't have to modify the cable. Sits behind the dash in the fuse box and wire is tucked in to headliner and runs down the door pillar inside. Nice neat job no wires and only comes on when the ignition is on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts