Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Anyone had an annoying rattle from behind the dash in front of the passenger seat..it seems to improve as the car warms up ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also now have a rattle in dash on passengers side but it does disappear when warmed up, has anyone else have a rattle that appears to be in near side doors car is only just over three months old will be down to dealership this week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Badger please let us know the result of your dealer visit....mine is due its first service next Month when I will mention it but not sure if the warranty still covers a rattle.
Thought it was down to the little cover on the fuse box behind the glove box taped it to eliminate it but couldn't be that lucky.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry but due to circumstances could not get down to dealer but when I do will let you know the outcome, they have agreed to sort out the problem of the two rattles, that apart really enjoy the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has a rattle in the dash seems to be the heating vents as in my case as the car heats up the rattle increase. There also seems to be on from the nearside rear passenger seat. Luckily the car is under warranty and these things are covered.Hopefully they will be able to sort it as a car of this calibre should not have rattles

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
This should be fixable as you sayMine has no rattles at all
Let us know what they do to fix it can you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
DS has gone in today with regards to the rattle in the area around the near side doors so hopefully that will be fixed , the dash rattle is no longer there now has just disappeared.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have had rattle which appeared to be in the rear near side door but in fact it was the heat shield touching the exhaust pipe so hopefully no more rattles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally got my dash rattle sorted and as promised here is the update.Basically my rattle only happened when temperatures dropped below 10C and the interior of the car had warmed up. The rattle was from the centre of the dash near the heating vents. The initial thought was that it was the instrument cluster that was rattling as this is a known problem and there is a service bulletin on this. Although I had the fix carried out it did not cure the problem.
It was then thoughtit was the dash touching the windscreen which is a known fault on the DS3 and foam was tried to see if this cured itwhich it did not. The next move was to put foam between the heater box and top of dash panel which did help but not cure.
What has cured the problem is loosing off the four bolts holding the dash in place then pushing the dash up and retightening the bolts. Doing this and with the extra foam in place has cured the rattle at present.
Feels like a whole new car now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Oh, good result.
Can you describe where the 4 bolts for the dashboard are in case others feel 'motivated' to try what worked for you.
There's a vibration, at a certain RPM, a harmonic, that I get in my DSport that sounds as if it's behind the passengers dashboard airbag. Not overly loud. I don't always notice it so it's not really bugging me, yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure where the bolts are as my dealer fixed it and reported back that is what they had done. However logically thinking would have thought they would be behind the end sidepanels of the dash itself but could be wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had my ds4 cross back in for a dash noise. Then on way home noticed i now have a big gap between windscreen and dash looks terrible can see bottom of screen and bulkhead not happy to say the least.Also stop start repaired lasted for one stop

·
Registered
7 Posts
We bought a 14 month old DS4 prestige 10 weeks ago and it's been in the garage 3 times with a dreadful dash rattle and it's still not fixed.
The garage have had the glove box out and can't find any problems.
The salesman said they can't take the whole dashboard off.
We even went back to the garage on Saturday, one day after getting the car back to exchange it but it seems they don't want the car as it will cost £2,500 to change the car which is too much to lose .
We are at our wits end and would appreciate any helpful suggestions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jay Dee said:
We bought a 14 month old DS4 prestige 10 weeks ago and it's been in the garage 3 times with a dreadful dash rattle and it's still not fixed.
The garage have had the glove box out and can't find any problems.
The salesman said they can't take the whole dashboard off.
We even went back to the garage on Saturday, one day after getting the car back to exchange it but it seems they don't want the car as it will cost £2,500 to change the car which is too much to lose .
We are at our wits end and would appreciate any helpful suggestions.
Did you buy it from a Citroen dealer using the Select scheme.?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have a dash rattle but its the speaker that's causing it. the cage of the speaker when heats up doesn't rattle and when its cold you hear it rattle away. have tried to fix the cage but its in a terribly awkward position

·
Registered
7 Posts
The are collecting the car next Wednesday and when driving it to the Citroen garage they will certainly hear the rattle which is getting worse as our road has a few potholes.
If it can't be fixed we want to exchange it for another car.
It's our 4 th Citroen in 15 years and I wish we still had our old C3 which we never had any bother with.
I'm more annoyed as I wanted a Renault Captur rather than another Citroen but my husband is easily persuaded by salesmen who can sell igloos to Eskimos!Edited by: Jay Dee

·
Registered
201 Posts
If it's from a Citroen dealer and a Citroen Select deal they should fix it. You should have a 1 year warrantee form that dealer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts