Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had my new DS two and a half weeks and engine warning light shows up on dash so its into the dealers for inspection the light only stays on until i stop and start it again then doesn't appear again very strange. The garage phoned today thought they had fixed it but it did it again so they have had to email Citroen in France for more info on the fault code .Of course Citroen are now off for the weekend and now won't find out till Monday so hopefully get it back Tuesday fingers crossed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well still no car spoke to the garage today but they are having trouble downloading software update for car from Citroen direct they tried it and it crashed when they tried to upload it to the car. Hopefully they will get it right hope to get a call tomorrow (Wed) to come and pick it up!!! .i have a courtesy car at moment a Dacia Sandero Stepway oh my god !!!! alright if you want something cheap to run about in but i don't think i would buy one

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is a Citroen garage the know it's a software code issue but when they download it from Citroen France and try and upload it to the car it crashes. Phoned today again and they are still waiting to hear from Citroen France. To say i'm getting a bit Peeved is an understatement they have to Friday to solve it then i'm going to go up and take it somewhere else i've only had the car 3 weeks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the update still no car they have got till Tomorrow then i'm going for my car and take it somewhere else to try and get repaired. That will be two weeks they have had it not a happy bunny hardly been off the phone to them wanting an update all i get is they are waiting for Citroen to get to them about a software update. I phoned on Friday saying i was going to come and get it then they could either phone me when the software update came or i would take it elsewhere, according to them they had to have the car there so they could do it right away very annoyed now

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update still no car now waiting on parts new glow plugs and a harness really pissed off now but if i go and take car back citroen say they will wipe there hands of it so will have to wait to see if this fix is going to work.They will have had the car three weeks come thurs (6th July) not a happy chappie to say the least but got a lovely courtesy car (NOT) a Dacia Sandero Stepway got to admit it has to be one of the worst cars i have driven in my opinion

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well got the car back today
eventually after 3 weeks eventually found out what was causing the warning light they put in new Glowplugs and a Harness and it solved the problem happy chappie now

·
Registered
39 Posts
*** i would be well pissed, they would have had to have all manner of parts off the car to fit the new harness, hopefully you wont have any dash rattle or weird sounds coming from the car in the future, not great for a new car, obviously was not tested properly at factory, QC is at fault imo
Edited by: Chris

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was the Glowplug wiring Harness just, not the full wiring harness thank god running ok now just glad to get it back

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Glad you've got it back and sorted Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts