Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a dash cam but looking for advice from those who have one. What models do you find good, looking for something discreet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hard wiring pretty easy ran feed from fuse box,main issue with DS4 is the large centre piece of plastic that contains all the auto wipe stuff blocks a lot of view... lots of trial and error with cam placement.

Dashcams are cheap now about time they came fitted as standard imoEdited by: Disarmingcrib

·
Registered
115 Posts
After previously having 2 cheap ones that came from china (they didn't last), I've now got myself a Nextbase 212
Has anyone got some pics of how they've run/concealed the power cable to the 12v plug? Or any instructions detailing how to hard wire it in?
Any tips greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I ran the wire through the internal door jamb rubbers to under the glove box and to the Cigar lighter. I have not hard wired it in as the lighter socket is ignition activated (Garmin Dash Cam)
Most Dash cams must have a Cigar lighter socket or they don't work
It can be hard wired in the same way, with a female connector and then to the fuse box.
I did this with my MX5 (Blackvue)

Edited by: Chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
Chris said:
I ran the wire through the internal door jamb rubbers to under the glove box and to the Cigar lighter. I have not hard wired it in as the lighter socket is ignition activated (Garmin Dash Cam)
Most Dash cams must have a Cigar lighter socket or they don't work
It can be hard wired in the same way, with a female connector and then to the fuse box.
I did this with my MX5 (Blackvue)

Thanks Chris.
I currently have my phone charger in the lighter socket because the USB takes too long to charge. I was wondering if it's just better to hard wire it in or just get a lighter socketsplitter. Mmm choices.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have just purchased and fitted a Prestigio 506 GPS from eurocarparts for the measly sum of £38 and it is a great camera. The main reason i purchased this is the magnetic mount and the flip down screen. I spent 20 mins considering placement and opted for Drivers side, Top, right on the mark of the sun visor, this is the best placement imo for this screen with all the cowling in the centre of the screen, i did try the base of this cowling but it was to driver view obstructive, i ran the power cable down the windscreen column and then slightly across and down the inner seal of the drivers door and then across under the steering wheel (by the interior floor lights. I will post a few pics tomorrow when its light :)
But im well chuffed with this cam and setup

·
Registered
115 Posts
freestyler71 said:
I have just purchased and fitted a Prestigio 506 GPS from eurocarparts for the measly sum of £38 and it is a great camera. The main reason i purchased this is the magnetic mount and the flip down screen. I spent 20 mins considering placement and opted for Drivers side, Top, right on the mark of the sun visor, this is the best placement imo for this screen with all the cowling in the centre of the screen, i did try the base of this cowling but it was to driver view obstructive, i ran the power cable down the windscreen column and then slightly across and down the inner seal of the drivers door and then across under the steering wheel (by the interior floor lights. I will post a few pics tomorrow when its light :)
But im well chuffed with this cam and setup

Sounds great. Look forward to seeing your setup.
I'll try take some pics of my mine also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is just a screen capture from vlc player, this is the player i use to playback the vids, as you can see this is late evening time, and it aint half bad imo

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an RAC cam and hard wired it in to the fuse box in the passenger side fuse box just by using a piggyback fuse holder. Bit fiddly getting it in because the fuse box is sat right back in the glovebox.
It's positioned just behind the rear view mirror on passenger side so you can't see it from the drivers seat but that bodes well because you don't look at it.
Wire is pushed in the headliner and concealed all down the passenger pillar where it goes to the fuse panel.
12v female cig socket earned to frame and the camera plugs straight in.
Mine looks great and neat and only comes on with the ignition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.