Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue may have been posted before but from what I can see their was no actual conclusive answer to the problem so with luck this has now changed! I have just upgraded my 2013 DStyle Airdream to the 2015 BlueHDi 120 S&S DStyle however have noticed that when the light stalk is set to the O position the DRL's are not illuminated. Switching to the AUTO setting puts on the sidelights rather than the DRL's and there doesn't seem to be an option in the settings like their used to be on my old Airdream. The only way to have the DRL's on is to switch the stalk ring to the sidelights icon however this then dims the centre console screen and switches the sat-nav to night mode so it is hardly visible.
I have brought this up with the dealership and await an answer however was wondering if anybody else had encountered a similar issue with the 2015 model and if so did they manage to fix it. It seems rather pointless having DRL's that don't work with the AUTO setting and having to use sidelights instead.

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
126 Posts
So a lot of confusion surrounds DRL's/Sidelights, you're not the first person it's baffled! The DRL's are actually the two halogen lamps beneath the front indicators and the sidelights are the boomerang shapes LED's which surround the fog lights!

The DRL's will only come on when neither the sidelights or headlights are on. Even when set to 'O' or 'Auto', the DRL's should remain on until either you or the car turns the headlights on!

I hope this has helped with your confusion?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan, that does help because on my 2013 model the DRL's were the boomerang shaped lights and the halogen lamps were the sidelights which is why there was the confusion. Not sure why they would change this set-up as the boomerang shaped lights are much brighter and therefore surely they would be better suited for daytime driving rather than the other way around?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah I was the same, but I get why. The boomerangs add to the whole "Light Signature" of the vehicle!

They definitely have a unique look from the front at night :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
danlock92 said:
The DRL's will only come on when neither the sidelights or headlights are on. Even when set to 'O' or 'Auto', the DRL's should remain on until either you or the car turns the headlights on!
On our DS4, the DRL option in the menu is ticked in the 'vehicle parameters' menu and the lights are on 'auto' we always get the DRL's and the side lamps as the default. If I turn the car to 'side lamps' the DRL's turn off and we get only the hockey sticks but the dashboard dims to illegibility.

By turning off the DRL's in the 'vehicle parameters' menu and having the lights set to 'auto', we get the set up we want - hockey sticks only and a dashboard we can see!

·
Registered
176 Posts
We get the same as you Frank, with auto selected we get just Boomerang with DRL deselected and both when DRL is selected. Previously we just ran Boomerang but now we have changed the DRL to matching white LED's we prefer the look of both on so run with DRL selected and auto light setting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts